- •Medication reconciliation is a powerful process to correct medication errors (ME).
- •The potential clinical impact of these intercepted ME has to be assessed.
- •The multi-centre study has validated a method to score the potential severity of ME.
- •A database of ME of serious potential clinical significance will be constituted.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to European Journal of Internal Medicine
- Medication reconciliation during transitions of care as a patient safety strategy: a systematic review.Ann Intern Med. 2013; 158: 39-403
- Conciliation des traitements médicamenteux: détecter, intercepter et corriger les erreurs médicamenteuses à l'admission des patients hospitalisés.Risque Qualité Milieu Soins. 2011; VIII: 130-138
- Medication reconciliation practices and potential clinical impact of unintentional discrepancies.JAMA Intern Med. 2013; 173: 246-247
- Prescribing errors on admission to hospital and their potential impact: a mixed-methods study.BMJ Qual Saf. 2014; 23: 17-25
- Unintended medication discrepancies at the time of hospital admission.Arch Intern Med. 2005; 165: 424-429
- Pharmacist medication assessments in a surgical preadmission clinic.Arch Intern Med. 2007; 167: 1034-1040
- Medication reconciliation at hospital discharge: evaluating discrepancies.Ann Pharmacother. 2008; 42: 1373-1379
- Prevalence and clinical significances at pediatric hospital admission.Acad Pediatr. 2009; 9: 360-365
- Medication reconciliation: identifying medication discrepancies in acutely ill hospitalized older adults.Am J Geriatr Pharmacother. 2011; 9: 339-344
- Classifying and predicting errors on inpatient medication reconciliation.J Gen Intern Med. 2008; 23: 144-22
- Medication history reconciliation by clinical pharmacists in elderly inpatients admitted from home or a nursing home.Ann Pharmacother. 2010; 44: 1596-1603
- Results of the Medication At Transitions and Clinical Handoffs (MATCH) study: an analysis of medication reconciliation errors and risk factors at hospital admission.J Gen Intern Med. 2010; 25: 441-447
- Potential risk of medication discrepancies and reconciliation errors at admission and discharge from an inpatient medical service.Ann Pharmacother. 2010; 44: 1747-1754
- Prescription errors in patients admitted to an internal medicine department from the emergency room.Farm Hosp. 2006; 30: 85-91
- Reconciliable differences: correcting medication errors at hospital admission and discharge.Qual Saf Health Care. 2006; 15: 122-126
- Multidisciplinary approach to inpatient medication reconciliation in an academic setting.Am J Health Syst Pharm. 2007; 64: 850-854
- The effect on medication errors of pharmacists charting medication in an emergency department.Pharm World Sci. 2009; 31: 373-379
- Effect of an electronic medication reconciliation application and process redesign on potential adverse drug events.Arch Intern Med. 2009; 169: 771-780
- Medication reconciliation during internal hospital transfer and impact computerized prescriber order entry.Ann Pharmacother. 2010; 44: 1887-1895
- Potential clinical impact of medication discrepancies at hospital admission.Eur J Intern Med. 2013; 24: 530-535
- Assuring medication accuracy at transitions in care.(accessed 20 March 2015)
- Guide de gestion des risques associés aux produits de santé. Réaliser une conciliation des traitements médicamenteux à l'admission du patient hospitalisé.http://www.sfpc.eu/fr/item1/finish/34-documents-sfpc-public/957-sfpc-fiche-conciliation-medicamenteuse/0.html(accessed 20 March 2015)
- Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality.(accessed 20 March 2015)
- The Delphi method: an experimental study of group opinion, Santa Monica, Calif.: RAND Corporation, RM-5888-PR.(accessed 20 March 2015)
- What is a medication error?.(Available at:)(accessed 20 March 2015)
- Balanced incomplete block designs for inter-rater re-liability studies.Appl Psychol Meas. 1981; 5: 105-112
- An application of hierarchical kappa-type statistics in the assessment of majority agreement among multiple observers.Biometrics. 1977; 33: 363-374
- ISMP list of high-alert medications in acute care settings.(accessed 20 March 2015)
- Medication reconciliation: flowchart of an efficient process for inpatient admissions.Pharm Hosp Clin. 2013; 48: 153-16
- The impact of medication reconciliation program at admission in an internal medicine department.Eur J Intern Med. 2012; 23: 696-700
- Impact of medication reconciliation and review on clinical outcomes.Ann Pharmacother. 2014; 48: 1298-1312
- A validated, reliable method of scoring the severity of medication errors.Am J Health Syst Pharm. 1999; 56: 57-62