- •We assessed risk factors for acute worsening renal function in HF patients.
- •Hypertension is associated with AWRF in both HFpEF and HFrEF patients.
- •A history of hypertension was important as a risk factor for AWRF in HFpEF.
- •On the other hand, high blood pressure at admission was important in HFrEF.
- •Calcium channel blocker was an independent risk factor in HFpEF, but not in HFrEF.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to European Journal of Internal Medicine
- Incidence, predictors at admission, and impact of worsening renal function among patients hospitalized with heart failure.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2004; 43: 61-67
- Worsening renal function in patients hospitalised for acute heart failure: clinical implications and prognostic significance.Eur J Heart Fail. 2008; 10: 188-195
- Acute kidney injury and outcomes in acute decompensated heart failure: evaluation of the RIFLE criteria in an acutely ill heart failure population.Eur J Heart Fail. 2010; 12: 32-37
- Correlates and impact on outcomes of worsening renal function in patients ≥65 years of age with heart failure.Am J Cardiol. 2000; 85: 1110-1113
- Relationship between heart failure treatment and development of worsening renal function among hospitalized patients.Am Heart J. 2004; 147: 331-338
- Prevalence and impact of worsening renal function in patients hospitalized with decompensated heart failure: results of the prospective outcomes study in heart failure (POSH).Eur Heart J. 2006; 27: 1216-1222
- Trends in prevalence and outcome of heart failure with preserved ejection fraction.N Engl J Med. 2006; 355: 251-259
- Prognosis of heart failure with preserved ejection fraction: a 5 year prospective population-based study.Eur Heart J. 2008; 29: 339-347
- Heart failure with preserved ejection fraction.Circulation. 2011; 124: e540-e543
- Acute heart failure with preserved ejection fraction: unique patient characteristics and targets for therapy.Curr Heart Fail Rep. 2013; 10: 190-197
- The pathophysiology of heart failure with preserved ejection fraction.Nat Rev Cardiol. 2014; 11: 507-515
- Heart disease and stroke statistics—2014 update: a report from the American Heart Association.Circulation. 2014; 129: e28-e292
- Randomised trial of losartan versus captopril in patients over 65 with heart failure (evaluation of Losartan in the Elderly Study, ELITE).Lancet. 1997; 349: 747-752
- Regulation of intrarenal blood flow in experimental heart failure: role of endothelin and nitric oxide.Am J Physiol. 1998; 274: F766-F774
- Contribution of the endothelin system to the renal hypoperfusion associated with experimental congestive heart failure.J Cardiovasc Pharmacol. 1999; 34: 612-617
- Relation of disease pathogenesis and risk factors to heart failure with preserved or reduced ejection fraction: insights from the framingham heart study of the national heart, lung, and blood institute.Circulation. 2009; 119: 3070-3077
- Current perspectives on systemic hypertension in heart failure with preserved ejection fraction.Curr Heart Fail Rep. 2014; 16: 545
- Cardiorenal syndrome in acute decompensated heart failure.Clin J Am Soc Nephrol. 2009; 4: 2013-2026
- Nitrendipine-induced stimulation of renin release by the isolated perfused rat kidney.Proc Soc Exp Biol Med. 1985; 180: 133-136
- Effects of nifedipine on renin release and renal function in anesthetized dogs.J Cardiovasc Pharmacol. 1986; 8: 636-640
- The baroreceptor mechanism for controlling renin secretion: effect of calcium channel blockers.J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 1993; 266: 274-278
- The role of calcium in the regulation of renin secretion.Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2010; 298: F1-F11
- Molecular mechanism of juxtaglomerular cell hyperplasia: a unifying hypothesis.J Am Soc Hypertens. 2007; 1: 164-168
- Regulation of renin secretion by renal juxtaglomerular cells.Pflugers Arch. 2013; 465: 25-37
- Cardiorenal syndrome caused by heart failure with preserved ejection fraction.Int J Nephrol. 2011; 2011: 634903
- Effect of blood pressure lowering and antihypertensive drug class on progression of hypertensive kidney disease: results from the AASK trial.JAMA. 2002; 288: 2421-2431
- Predictors of decreased renal function in patients with heart failure during angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitor therapy: results from the studies of left ventricular dysfunction (SOLVD).Am Heart J. 1999; 138: 849-855