- •Nonagenarians are a growing group different from younger population.
- •To know nonagenarians' mortality risk factors after discharge is very important.
- •Age, previous BI, and functional loss are the risk factors a month after admission.
- •One year after hypoalbuminemia and functional loss are the main risk factors.
Design, Setting, and Participants
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to European Journal of Internal Medicine
- Nonagenarian patients admitted to Spanish Internal Medicine Hospital.Rev Esp Geriatr Gerontol. 2012; 47: 193-197
- Mortality and complications in very old patients (90+) admitted to departments of internal medicine in Spain.Eur J Intern Med. 2011; 22: 49-52
- Loss of independence in activities of daily living in older adults with medical illnesses: increased vulnerability with age.J Am Geriatr Soc. 2003; 51: 451-458
- Evaluation of functional capability after hospital admission of nonagenarians.Med Clin (Barc). 2000; 115: 695-696
- Functional decline in nonagenarians admitted at acute care hospitals.Med Clin (Barc). 2001; 116: 799
- Five-year survival and prognostic factors in a cohort of hospitalized nonagenarians.Eur J Intern Med. 2012; 23: 513-518
- A new method of classifying prognostic comorbidity in longitudinal studies: development and validation.J Chronic Dis. 1987; 40: 373-383
- Analyses of laboratory data and establishment of reference values and intervals for healthy elderly people.J Nutr Health Aging. 2012; 16: 412-416
- Improving the sensitivity of Barthel index for stroke rehabilitation.J Clin Epidemiol. 1989; 42: 703-709
- Variables associated with functional recovery and post-discharge institutionalization of elderly cared in an average stay geriatric unit.Rev Clin Esp. 2004; 204: 574-582
- Previous disability as a predictor of outcome in a geriatric rehabilitation unit.J Gerontol. 1998; 53A: M405-M409
- Functional recovery of elderly patients hospitalized in geriatric and general medicine units. The PROgetto DImissioni in GEriatria Study.J Am Geriatr Soc. 2011; 59: 193-199
- Predictors of functional recovery in older hospitalized adults.J Am Geriatr Soc. 2012 Jan; 60: 187-189
- Recovery of activities of daily living in older adults after hospitalization for acute medical illness.J Am Geriatr Soc. 2008; 56: 2171-2179
- Survival after 7 years of follow-up at ninety. The NonaSantfeliu study.Eur J Intern Med. 2011; 22: e164-e165
- The NonaSantfeliu study. Baseline assessment and ten years of follow-up.Rev Esp Geriatr Gerontol. 2015; 50: 143-149
- Clinical characteristics and prognostic significance of serum albumin changes in an internal medicine ward.Eur J Intern Med. 2013; 24: 772-778
- Nonagenarians in internal medicine: characteristics, outcomes and predictor for in-hospital and post-discharge mortality.Isr Med Assoc J. 2010; 12: 10-15
- Importance of functional measures in predicting mortality among older hospitalized patients.JAMA. 1998; 279: 1187-1193
- A multi-centre European study of factors affecting the discharge destination of older people admitted to hospital: analysis of in-hospital data from the ACMEplus project.Age Ageing. 2005; 34: 467-475
- Functional decline in older adults one year after hospitalization.Arch Gerontol Geriatr. 2013 Nov-Dec; 57: 305-310