Immune thrombocytopenia (ITP) is a rare autoimmune disorder leading to platelet destruction and inadequate platelet production, resulting in a risk of spontaneous bleeding. The incidence of ITP necessitating health care is estimated to be 2.9/100 000 inhabitants [
- Moulis G.
- Palmaro A.
- Montastruc J.-L.
- Godeau B.
- Lapeyre-Mestre M.
- Sailler L.
Epidemiology of incident immune thrombocytopenia: a nationwide population-based study in France.
Blood. 2014; 124: 3308-3315
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to European Journal of Internal Medicine
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Epidemiology of incident immune thrombocytopenia: a nationwide population-based study in France.Blood. 2014; 124: 3308-3315
- Severe bleeding events in adults and children with primary immune thrombocytopenia: a systematic review: reply.J Thromb Haemost. 2015; 13: 1522-1523
- French health insurance databases: what interest for medical research?.Rev Médecine Interne Fondée Par Société Natl Francaise Médecine Interne. 2015; 36: 411-417
- Standardization of terminology, definitions and outcome criteria in immune thrombocytopenic purpura of adults and children: report from an international working group.Blood. 2009; 113: 2386-2393
- Pharmacoepidemiology of immune thrombocytopenia: protocols of FAITH and CARMEN studies.Therapie. 2014; 69: 437-448
- Validity of a procedure to identify patients with chronic idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura in the Danish National Registry of patients.Clin Epidemiol. 2009; 1: 7-10
- Epidemiology of immune thrombocytopenic purpura in the General Practice Research Database.Br J Haematol. 2009; 145: 235-244
- Accuracy of identification of patients with immune thrombocytopenic purpura through administrative records: a data validation study.Am J Hematol. 2004; 75: 12-17
- Determining a definite diagnosis of primary immune thrombocytopenia by medical record review.Am J Hematol. 2012; 87: 843-847
Published online: March 21, 2016
Accepted: February 22, 2016
Received: February 15, 2016
© 2016 European Federation of Internal Medicine. Published by Elsevier B.V. All rights reserved.