- •Most patients with SIADH of unknown etiology do not have an underlying disorder.
- •Consequently, yield of diagnostic modalities is low for these patients.
- •The yield of diagnostic workup is higher in young patients with recent onset of SIADH.
- •Our data suggest that extensive workup is not required for most of these patients.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to European Journal of Internal Medicine
- A syndrome of renal sodium loss and hyponatremia probably resulting from inappropriate secretion of antidiuretic hormone.Am J Med. 1957; 23: 529-542
- Clinical practice. the syndrome of inappropriate antidiuresis.N Engl J Med. May 17, 2007; 356: 2064-2072
- Diagnosis, evaluation, and treatment of hyponatremia: expert panel recommendations.Am J Med. Oct 2013; 126: S1-42
- Clinical practice guideline on diagnosis and treatment of hyponatraemia.Eur J Endocrinol. Feb 25, 2014; 170: G1-47https://doi.org/10.1530/EJE-13-1020
- Clinical management of SIADH.Ther Adv Endocrinol Metab. Apr 2012; 3: 61-73
- Nonosmolar factors affecting renal water excretion.N Engl J Med. 1975; 292: 141-145
- Retrospective evaluation of standard diagnostic procedures in identification of the causes of new-onset syndrome of inappropriate antidiuresis.Int J Med Sci. Jan 10, 2014; 11: 192-198
- The syndrome of inappropriate antidiuretic hormone secretion: distribution and characterization according to etiologies.Eur J Intern Med. Nov 9, 2015; ([pii: S0953–6205(15)00349–0])https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ejim.2015.10.020
- The syndrome of inappropriate antidiuretic hormone in the elderly.Am J Med. 1997; 103: 270-273
- A rare case of hyponatremia from a hypothalamic lesion in a patient with multiple sclerosis.Mult Scler. 2015; 21: 662-665
- Ramsay Hunt syndrome presenting with ataxia and syndrome of inappropriate antidiuretic hormone secretion.Am J Med. 2014; 127: e9-10
- Neuroendocrine carcinoma of the cervix presenting as intractable hyponatremic seizures due to paraneoplastic SIADH-a rare case report and brief review of the literature.Ecancermedicalscience. Jul 31, 2014; 8: 450
- Inappropriate antidiuretic hormone syndrome presenting as ectopic antidiuretic hormone-secreting gastric adenocarcinoma: a case report.Med Case Rep. Jun 12, 2014; 8: 185
- A new equation to estimate glomerular filtration rate.Ann Intern Med. 2009; 150: 604-612
- Hyponatremia: evaluating the correction factor for hyperglycemia.Am J Med. Apr 1999; 106: 399-403