- •Fever is an early symptom of Fabry disease.
- •Fabry disease may be a cause of Recurrent Fever of Unknown Origin.
- •Fever in Fabry disease can also be encountered in adults.
- •The inclusion of FD in the differential diagnosis of recurrent fever of unknown origin should be mandatory.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to European Journal of Internal Medicine
Desnick RJ, Brady R, Barranger J, Collins AJ, Germain P, Gold- man M, et al. Fabry disease, an under-recognized multisystemic disorder: expert recommendations for diagnosis, management, and enzyme replacement therapy. Ann Intern Med 2003;138:338–46.
- Fabry disease.Orphanet J Rare Dis. 2010 Nov 22; 5: 30
- Fabry disease.Pediatr Endocrinol Rev. 2014 Sep; 12 (Review): 88-101
- Anderson–Fabry disease: a multiorgan disease.Curr Pharm Des. 2013; 19 (Review): 5974-5996
- Fabry disease in infancy and early childhood: a systematic literature review.Genet Med. 2014;
- Interdisciplinary Study Group on Fabry disease (ISGF). Angiokeratoma: decision-making aid for the diagnosis of Fabry disease.Br J Dermatol. 2012 Apr; 166: 712-720
- Gastroenterological complications of Anderson–Fabry disease.Curr Pharm Des. 2013; 19: 6009-6013
- Vestibular and cochlear manifestations in Fabry's disease.Rev Med Interne. 2010 Dec; 31: S251-S256
- Fabry disease and early stroke.Stroke Res Treat. 2011; 2011: 615218
- The kidney in Fabry's disease.Clin Genet. 2014 Oct; 86: 301-309
- Misdiagnosis in Fabry disease.J Pediatr. 2010; 156: 828-831
- Clinicopathological conference: a 29-yr-old man with recurrent episodes of fever, abdominal pain, and vomiting.Am J Med Genet. 1984 Jun; 18: 249-264
- Fabry's disease. Rare etiology of a long-term inflammatory syndrome. Apropos of a case.Rev Rhum Mal Osteoartic. 1986 Oct; 53: 525-528
- Boy with fever and whorl keratopathy.J Rheumatol. 2006 Jun; 33: 1210-1211
- Fabry disease exhibiting recurrent stroke and persistent inflammation.Intern Med. 2010; 49: 2247-2252
- A case of acroparesthesias, asthenia and fever. A new mutation in Fabry's disease.Acta Reumatol Port. 2011 Oct-Dec; 36: 399-403
- Misdiagnosis of familial Mediterranean fever in patients with Anderson–Fabry disease.Clin Genet. 2013 Jun; 83: 576-578
- Generalized Anhidrosis associated with Fabry's disease.J Am Acad Dermatol. 1987 Nov; 17: 883-887
- Fabry disease ‘the new great imposter’: results of the French Observatorire in Internal Medicine Departments (FIMeD).Clin Genet. 2012; 81: 571-577
- Kao TW fabry disease: a rare cause of fever of unknown origin.Am J Kidney Dis. 2012 Jan; 59: 161-162
- High incidence of later-onset Fabry disease revealed by newborn-screening.Am J Hum Genet. 2006 Jul; 79: 31-40
- Nature and frequency of mutations in the alpha-galactosidase A gene that causes Fabry disease.Am J Hum Genet. 1993 Dec; 53: 1186-1197
- Fabry disease: twenty-two novel mutations in the alpha-galactosidase A gene and genotype/phenotype correlations in severely and mildly affected hemizygotes and heterozygotes.J Invest Med. 2000 Jul; 48: 227-235
- Thirty-four novel mutations of the GLA gene in 121 patients with Fabry disease.Hum Mutat. 2005 Apr; 25: 412
- Novel α-galactosidase A mutation in patients with severe cardiac manifestations of Fabry disease.Gene. 2014 Feb 10; 535: 365-369
- Mutation analysis in patients with the typical form of Anderson–Fabry disease.Hum Mol Genet. 1993 Jul; 2: 1051-1053
- Twenty novel mutations in the alpha-galactosidase A gene causing Fabry disease.Mol Med. 1999 Dec; 5: 806-811
- Fabry disease: molecular studies in Italian patients and X inactivation analysis in manifesting carriers.J Med Genet. 2003 Aug; 40e103
Guffon N, Froissart R, Chevalier-Porst F, Maire I. Mutation Analysis in 11 French Patients with Fabry Disease. Hum Mutat. 1998;Suppl 1:S288–90.
- Neurology in Fabry disease.Clin Ther. 2008; 30: S47-S49
- Idiopathic small fiber neuropathy: phenotype, etiologies, and the search for Fabry disease.J Clin Neurol. 2014 Apr; 10: 108-118
- Globotriaosylceramide induces endothelial dysfunction in Fabry disease.Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2014 Jan; 34: 2-4
- Globotriaosylceramide induces oxidative stress and up-regulates cell adhesion molecules expression in Fabry disease endothelial cell.Mol Genet. Metab. 2008; 95: 163-168
- Fabry disease peripheral blood immune cells release inflammatory cytokines: role of globotriaosylceramide.Mol Genet Metab. 2013 May; 109: 93-99
- FOS investigators. Fabry disease and the skin: data from FOS, the Fabry Outcome Survey.Br J Dermatol. 2007 Aug; 157: 331-337
- Anemia is a new complication in Fabry disease: data from the Fabry Outcome Survey.Kidney Int. 2005 May; 67: 1955-1960
- Difficulties and barriers in diagnosing Fabry disease: what can be learnt from the literature?.Expert Opin Med Diagn. 2013 Nov; 7: 589-599
- A roadmap for fever of unknown origin in children.Int J Immunopathol Pharmacol. 2013 Apr-Jun; 26: 315-326