- •Diaphragmatic rupture usually occurs following major trauma.
- •Delayed presentation of diaphragmatic rupture is either due to delayed detection or delayed rupture.
- •It should be suspected in cases with chest or abdominal pain after recent or remote trauma.
Conflicts of interest
- Blunt injuries of the diaphragm.Br J Surg. 1988 Mar; 75: 226-230
- Delayed presentation of traumatic diaphragmatic rupture with herniation of the left kidney and bowel loops.Case Rep Pulmonol. 2013; 2013: 814632
- Predictors of outcome in blunt diaphragm rupture.J Trauma. 1996; 41: 484-487