- •Ascariasis is one of the most common helminthic human infections worldwide.
- •Most infections are asymptomatic, and its diagnosis requires a high index of suspicion.
- •Biliary migration may cause biliary colic, obstructive jaundice, or ascending cholangitis.
Conflict of interests
- Ascaris and ascariasis.Microbes Infect. 2011 Jul; 13: 632-637
- Parasitic infestations of the biliary tract.Curr Gastroenterol Rep. 2007 Apr; 9: 156-164
- Imaging of ascariasis.Australas Radiol. 2007 Dec; 51: 500-506
☆No external funding source utilized.