Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to European Journal of Internal Medicine
- Adverse respiratory effect of acute beta-blocker exposure in asthma: a systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials.Chest. 2014; 145: 779-786
- Cardioselective beta-blockers for chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2005; CD003566
- Cardioselective beta-blockers in patients with reactive airway disease: a meta-analysis.Ann Intern Med. 2002; 137: 715-725
- The safety and effects of the beta-blocker, nadolol, in mild asthma: an open-label pilot study.Pulm Pharmacol Ther. 2008; 21: 134-141
- Effect of beta blockers in treatment of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease: a retrospective cohort study.BMJ. 2011; 342: d2549
- Beta-blockers reduced the risk of mortality and exacerbation in patients with COPD: a meta-analysis of observational studies.PLoS One. 2014; 9e113048
- Beta blockers for asthma: a double-edged sword.Lancet. 2009; 373: 104-105
- Randomized placebo-controlled trial to evaluate chronic dosing effects of propranolol in asthma.Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2013; 187: 1308-1314
- The intrinsic bias of generalizations.Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2014; 189: 359
- New perspectives regarding beta(2)-adrenoceptor ligands in the treatment of asthma.Br J Pharmacol. 2011; 163: 18-28
☆The authors declare no conflicts of interest related to this study.