- •The patterns of “real world” usage of NOACs-patients were compared to VKAs-patients.
- •NOAC agents were used in higher risk patients both for stroke and bleeding.
- •Reduced dose of NOACs were prescribed in a large percentage of patients.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to European Journal of Internal Medicine
- Guidelines for the management of atrial fibrillation: the Task Force for the Management of Atrial Fibrillation of the European Society of Cardiology (ESC).Europace. 2010; 12: 1360-1420
- Are cost benefits of anticoagulation for stroke prevention in atrial fibrillation underestimated?.Stroke. 2005; 36: 360-366
- Rivaroxaban versus warfarin in nonvalvular atrial fibrillation.N Engl J Med. 2011; 365: 883-891
- Dabigatran versus warfarin in patients with atrial fibrillation.N Engl J Med. 2009; 361: 1139-1151
- Apixaban versus warfarin in patients with atrial fibrillation.N Engl J Med. 2011; 365: 981-992
- Edoxaban versus warfarin in patients with atrial fibrillation.N Engl J Med. 2013; 369: 2093-2104
- 2012 focused update of the ESC Guidelines for the management of atrial fibrillation. An update of the 2010 ESC Guidelines for the management of atrial fibrillation.Eur Heart J. 2012; 33: 2719-2747https://doi.org/10.1093/eurheartj/ehs253
- Prediction of creatinine clearance from serum creatinine.Nephron. 1976; 16: 31-41
- Refining clinical risk stratification for predicting stroke and thromboembolism in atrial fibrillation using a novel risk factor-based approach: the Euro Heart Survey on Atrial Fibrillation.Chest. 2010; 137: 263-272
- Validation of clinical classification schemes for predicting stroke: results from the National Registry of Atrial Fibrillation.JAMA. 2001; 285: 2864-2870
- A novel user-friendly score (HAS-BLED) to assess 1-year risk of major bleeding in patients with atrial fibrillation: the Euro Heart Survey.Chest. 2010; 138: 1093-1100
- A prospective survey in European Society of Cardiology member countries of atrial fibrillation management: baseline results of EURObservational Research Programme Atrial Fibrillation (EORP-AF) Pilot General Registry.Europace. 2014 Mar; 16: 308-319https://doi.org/10.1093/europace/eut373
- Non-vitamin K antagonist oral anticoagulation agents in anticoagulant naïve atrial fibrillation patients: Danish nationwide descriptive data 2011–2013.Europace. 2015 Feb; 17: 187-193
- Risks and benefits of anticoagulation in atrial fibrillation: insights from the Outcomes Registry for Better Informed Treatment of Atrial Fibrillation (ORBIT-AF) registry.Circ Cardiovasc Qual Outcomes. 2013; 6: 461-469
- Outcomes registry for better informed treatment of atrial fibrillation II: rationale and design of the ORBIT-AF II registry.Am Heart J. 2014 Aug; 168: 160-167https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ahj.2014.04.005
- Rates, management, and outcome of rivaroxaban bleeding in daily care: results from the Dresden NOAC Registry.Blood. 2014; 124: 955-962
- Cardiovascular, bleeding, and mortality risks in elderly Medicare patients treated with dabigatran or warfarin for nonvalvular atrial fibrillation.Circulation. 2015 Jan 13; 131: 157-164https://doi.org/10.1161/CIRCULATIONAHA.114.012061
- XANTUS: a real-world, prospective, observational study of patients treated with rivaroxaban for stroke prevention in atrial fibrillation.Eur Heart J. 2016 Apr 7; 37: 1145-1153https://doi.org/10.1093/eurheartj/ehv466
- Decision making for oral anticoagulants in atrial fibrillation: the ATA-AF study.Eur J Intern Med. 2013 Jun; 24 ([Epub 2013 May 16]): 324-332https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ejim.2013.04.008
- Efficacy and safety of dabigatran compared with warfarin in relation to baseline renal function in patients with atrial fibrillation: a RE-LY (Randomized Evaluation of Long-term Anticoagulation Therapy) trial analysis.Circulation. Mar 4 2014; 129 ([Epub 2013 Dec 9]): 961-970https://doi.org/10.1161/CIRCULATIONAHA.113.003628
- Risk of bleeding with 2 doses of dabigatran compared with warfarin in older and younger patients with atrial fibrillation: an analysis of the randomized evaluation of long-term anticoagulant therapy (RE-LY) trial.Circulation. 2011; 123: 2363-2372