- •Sensitivity of M-protein tests differed by the presenting features of kidney disease.
- •M-protein tests showed lower sensitivity in subjects with nephrotic syndrome.
- •Serum IF and the FLC ratio is sufficient as screening in subjects with AUA or CGN.
- •Urine IF can be added for patients who presented with nephrotic syndrome.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to European Journal of Internal Medicine
- Diagnosis of monoclonal gammopathy of renal significance.Kidney Int. 2015; 87: 698-711
- Kidney disease and multiple myeloma.Clin J Am Soc Nephrol. 2013; 8: 2007-2017
- Kidney disease associated with plasma cell dyscrasias.Blood. 2010; 116: 1397-1404
- A case of Fanconi syndrome accompanied by crystal depositions in tubular cells in a patient with multiple myeloma.Kidney Res Clin Pract. 2014; 33: 112-115
- The pathogenesis and diagnosis of acute kidney injury in multiple myeloma.Nat Rev Nephrol. 2012; 8: 43-51
- Monoclonal gammopathy of renal significance: when MGUS is no longer undetermined or insignificant.Blood. 2012; 120: 4292-4295
- Membranoproliferative glomerulonephritis secondary to monoclonal gammopathy.Clin J Am Soc Nephrol. 2010; 5: 770-782
- Monoclonal gammopathy: significance and possible causality in renal disease.Am J Kidney Dis. 2003; 42: 87-95
- International Myeloma Working Group guidelines for serum-free light chain analysis in multiple myeloma and related disorders.Leukemia. 2009; 23: 215-224
- The use of immunoglobulin light chain assays in the diagnosis of paraprotein-related kidney disease.Kidney Int. 2015; 87: 692-697
- Are renal reference intervals required when screening for plasma cell disorders with serum free light chains and serum protein electrophoresis?.Am J Clin Pathol. 2009; 131: 166-171
- Multiple myeloma in chronic kidney disease. Utility of discretionary screening using serum electrophoresis.Nephron Clin Pract. 2009; 111: c7-11
- Quantitative assessment of serum and urinary polyclonal free light chains in patients with chronic kidney disease.Clin J Am Soc Nephrol. 2008; 3: 1684-1690
- Serum polyclonal immunoglobulin free light chain levels predict mortality in people with chronic kidney disease.Mayo Clin Proc. 2014; 89: 615-622
- Serum reference intervals and diagnostic ranges for free kappa and free lambda immunoglobulin light chains: relative sensitivity for detection of monoclonal light chains.Clin Chem. 2002; 48: 1437-1444
- A new equation to estimate glomerular filtration rate.Ann Intern Med. 2009; 150: 604-612
- Detection by immunofixation of M proteins in hypogammaglobulinemic patients with normal serum protein electrophoresis results.Am J Clin Pathol. 2007; 127: 746-751
- Screening panels for monoclonal gammopathies: time to change.Clin Biochem Rev. 2009; 30: 105-111
- Combined analysis using extended renal reference range of serum free light chain ratio and serum protein electrophoresis improves the diagnostic accuracy of multiple myeloma in renal insufficiency.Clin Biochem. 2012; 45: 740-744
- Screening panels for detection of monoclonal gammopathies.Clin Chem. 2009; 55: 1517-1522