- •Homocysteine levels between NASH and SS patients remain debatable.
- •HSENSI is a simple and inexpensive index for NASH, but needs validation.
- •Mechanistic studies are needed for the role of homocysteine in NASH.
Abbreviations:BMI (body mass index), Hcy (homocysteine), HSENSI (Homocysteine, Serum glutamic oxaloacetic transaminase, Erythrocyte sedimentation rate, Nonalcoholic Steatohepatitis Index), NAFLD (nonalcoholic fatty liver disease), NASH (nonalcoholic steatohepatitis), SS (simple steatosis)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to European Journal of Internal Medicine
- High levels of serum homocysteine in non-alcoholic steatohepatitis.Eur J Intern Med. 2016; 35: e38-e39
- Serum homocysteine levels in patients with nonalcoholic fatty liver disease.Ann Hepatol. 2012; 11: 68-76
- A novel noninvasive index for nonalcoholic steatohepatitis: a pilot study.Biomarkers. 2013; 18: 607-613
- Circulating homocysteine in nonalcoholic fatty liver disease.Eur J Intern Med. 2015; 26: 152-153
- Serum homocysteine levels, oxidative stress and cardiovascular risk in non-alcoholic steatohepatitis.Eur J Intern Med. 2014; 25: 762-767
- Necessity for timely noninvasive diagnosis of nonalcoholic fatty liver disease.Metabolism. 2014; 63: 161-167
- EASL-EASD-EASO Clinical Practice Guidelines for the management of non-alcoholic fatty liver disease.Diabetologia. 2016; 59: 1121-1140
- Nonalcoholic fatty liver disease: the pathogenetic roles of insulin resistance and adipocytokines.Curr Mol Med. 2009; 72: 299-314
- Association of homocysteine level with biopsy-proven non-alcoholic fatty liver disease: a meta-analysis.J Clin Biochem Nutr. 2016; 58: 76-83
- Plasma levels of homocysteine and cysteine increased in pediatric NAFLD and strongly correlated with severity of liver damage.Int J Mol Sci. 2014; 15: 21202-21214