- •Early H. pylori eradication has a lower risk of PUB in CKD patients.
- •H. pylori eradication at Charlson's score more than 3 is a risk factor of PUB.
- •The incidence of PUB was higher in the ESRD cohort than in the pre-ESRD cohort.
Methods and patients
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to European Journal of Internal Medicine
- Comorbidities affect risk of nonvariceal upper gastrointestinal bleeding.Gastroenterology. 2013; 144: 1384-1393
- Epidemiology and diagnosis of acute nonvariceal upper gastrointestinal bleeding.Gastroenterol Clin North Am. 2014; 43: 643-663
- End-stage renal disease is associated with worse outcomes in hospitalized patients with peptic ulcer bleeding.Gastrointest Endosc. 2013; 77: 609-616
- Peptic ulcer disease risk in chronic kidney disease: ten-year incidence, ulcer location, and ulcerogenic effect of medications.PLoS One. 2014; 9e87952
- Incidence of bleeding from gastroduodenal ulcers in patients with end-stage renal disease receiving hemodialysis.CMAJ. 2011; 183: E1345-E1351
- Long-term peptic ulcer rebleeding risk estimation in patients undergoing haemodialysis: a 10-year nationwide cohort study.Gut. 2011; 60: 1038-1042
- Clinical practice. Helicobacter pylori infection.N Engl J Med. 2010; 362: 1597-1604
- Relationship between Helicobacter pylori eradication and reduced duodenal and gastric ulcer recurrence: a review.Gastroenterology. 1996; 110: 1244-1252
- Peptic ulcer and gastritis in uraemia, with particular reference to the effect of Helicobacter pylori infection.Gastroenterol Hepatol. 1999; 14: 771-778
- Recurrence of peptic ulcer in uraemic and non-uraemic patients after Helicobacter pylori eradication: a 2-year study.Aliment Pharmacol Ther. 2007; 26: 925-933
- Impact of Helicobacter pylori infection on serum gastrin in haemodialysis patients.Nephrol Dial Transplant. 1999; 14: 2688-2691
- Aspirin prescription and outcomes in hemodialysis patients.Am J Kidney Dis. 2008; 51: 1070-1071
- Prevalence of Helicobacter pylori infection in long-term hemodialysis patients.Kidney Int. 2009; 75: 96-103
- Risk factors influencing the outcome of peptic ulcer bleeding in end stage renal disease after initial endoscopic haemostasis.Int J Clin Pract. 2012; 66: 774-781
- GI bleeding risk in patients undergoing dialysis.Gastrointest Endosc. 2010; 71: 50-52
- The central role of the propensity score in observational studies for causal effects.Biometrika. 1983; 79: 516-524
- A new method of classifying prognostic comorbidity in longitudinal studies.J Chronic Dis. 1987; 40: 373-383
- Long-term risk of recurrent peptic ulcer bleeding in patients with liver cirrhosis: a 10-year nationwide cohort study.Hepatology. 2012; 56: 698-705
- Optimization of pre-ESRD care: the key to improved dialysis outcomes.Kidney Int. 2000; 57: 351-365
- Current concepts in the management of Helicobacter pylori infection: the Maastricht III Consensus Report.Gut. 2007; 56: 772-781
- Gastro-duodenal lesions and Helicobacter pylori infection in uremic patients and renal transplant recipients.Transplant Proc. 2007; 39: 1003-1007
- Review of Helicobacter pylori infection and chronic renal failure.Ther Apher Dial. 2011; 15: 1-9
- Effect of comorbidity on mortality in patients with peptic ulcer bleeding: systematic review and meta-analysis.Am J Gastroenterol. 2013; 108: 331-345
- Consensus on control of risky nonvariceal upper gastrointestinal bleeding in Taiwan with National Health Insurance.Biomed Res Int. 2014; 563707: 2014
- the excess long-term mortality in peptic ulcer bleeding is explained by nonspecific comorbidity.Scand J Gastroenterol. 2015; 50: 145-152
- Role of acid suppressants in prophylaxis of NSAID damage.Best Pract Res Clin Gastroenterol. 2001; 15: 433-445
- Aspirin-induced gastric mucosal injury: lessons learned from animal models.Gastroenterology. 1989; 96: 606-614
- Peptic ulcer bleeding risk. The role of Helicobacter pylori infection in NSAID/low-dose aspirin users.Am J Gastroenterol. 2015; 110: 684-689
- The influence of etiologic factors on clinical outcome in patients with peptic ulcer bleeding.Dig Dis Sci. 2012; 57: 3195-3204
- Endoscopy of the upper gastrointestinal tract.N Engl J Med. 1999; 341: 1738-1748
- Risk of recurrent Helicobacter pylori infection 1 year after initial eradication therapy in 7 Latin American communities.JAMA. 2013; 309: 578-586
- Helicobacter pylori infection in hemodialysis patients: susceptibility to amoxicillin and clarithromycin.World J Gastroenterol. 2005; 11: 842-845