- •Clinical value of ADAMTS13-specific circulating immune complexes (CICs) was assessed.
- •CICs level at the first TTP event did not reflect the severity of the acute episode.
- •CICs seemed to confer an increased relapse risk within 2 years from first TTP event.
- •CICs measurement may help to predict TTP recurrence in high-risk patients.
Material and methods
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to European Journal of Internal Medicine
- Pathophysiology of thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura.Int J Hematol. 2010; 91: 1-19https://doi.org/10.1007/s12185–009–0476-1
- Acquired thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura. Development of an autoimmune response.Hamostaseologie. 2013; 33 ([12–12-0023 [pii]]): 121-130https://doi.org/10.5482/HAMO-12-12-0023
- Measurement and prevalence of circulating ADAMTS13-specific immune complexes in autoimmune thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura.J Thromb Haemost. 2014; 12: 329-336https://doi.org/10.1111/jth.12494
- Persistence of circulating ADAMTS13-specific immune complexes in patients with acquired thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura.Haematologica. 2014; 99 ([haematol.2013.094151 [pii]]): 779-787https://doi.org/10.3324/haematol.2013.094151
- Deficiency of the effector mechanisms of the immune response and autoimmunity.Ciba Found Symp. 1987; 129: 149-171
- Physiological and pathological aspects of circulating immune complexes.Kidney Int. 1989; 35: 993-1003
- Neutrophil Fc gamma and complement receptors involved in binding soluble IgG immune complexes and in specific granule release induced by soluble IgG immune complexes.Eur J Immunol. 1997; 27: 2514-2523https://doi.org/10.1002/eji.1830271008
- Extravasations and emigration of neutrophils to the inflammatory site depend on the interaction of immune-complex with Fcgamma receptors and can be effectively blocked by decoy Fcgamma receptors.Blood. 2008; 111 ([blood-2007-04-085944 [pii]]): 894-904https://doi.org/10.1182/blood-2007-04-085944
- The immunoglobulin, IgG Fc receptor and complement triangle in autoimmune diseases.Immunobiology. 2012; 217 ([S0171-2985(12)00179-9 [pii]]): 1067-1079https://doi.org/10.1016/j.imbio.2012.07.015
- Thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura at the Johns Hopkins Hospital from 1992 to 2008: clinical outcomes and risk factors for relapse.Transfusion. 2010; 50 ([TRF2528 [pii]]): 868-874https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1537–2995.2009.02528.x
- Guidelines on the diagnosis and management of thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura and other thrombotic microangiopathies.Br J Haematol. 2012; 158: 323-335
- FRETS-VWF73 rather than CBA assay reflects ADAMTS13 proteolytic activity in acquired thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura patients.Thromb Haemost. 2014; 112 ([13-08-0688 [pii]]): 297-303https://doi.org/10.1160/TH13-08-0688
- ADAMTS13 content in plasma-derived factor VIII/von Willebrand factor concentrates.Am J Hematol. 2013; 88: 895-898https://doi.org/10.1002/ajh.23527
- ADAMTS13 and anti-ADAMTS13 antibodies as markers for recurrence of acquired thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura during remission.Haematologica. 2008; 93 ([haematol.11739 [pii]]): 232-239https://doi.org/10.3324/haematol.11739
- ADAMTS-13 activity and autoantibodies classes and subclasses as prognostic predictors in acquired thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura.J Thromb Haemost. 2012; 10: 1556-1565https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1538–7836.2012.04808.x
- Approximate is better than “exact” for interval estimation of binomial proportions.Am Stat. 1998; 52: 119-126
- A note on quantifying follow-up in studies of failure time.Control Clin Trials. 1996; 17: 343-346
- Survival and relapse in patients with thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura.Blood. 2010; 115 ([blood-2009-09-243790 [pii]]): 1500-1511https://doi.org/10.1182/blood-2009-09-243790
- IgG subclass distribution of anti-ADAMTS13 antibodies in patients with acquired thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura.J Thromb Haemost. 2009; 7 ([JTH3568 [pii]]): 1703-1710https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1538–7836.2009.03568.x
- The incidence of thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura-hemolytic uremic syndrome: all patients, idiopathic patients, and patients with severe ADAMTS-13 deficiency.J Thromb Haemost. 2005; 3 ([JTH1436 [pii]]): 1432-1436https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1538–7836.2005.01436.x
- Incidence of thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura/hemolytic uremic syndrome.Epidemiology. 2004; 15 ([00001648-200403000-00014 [pii]]): 208-215
- Regional UK TTP registry: correlation with laboratory ADAMTS 13 analysis and clinical features.Br J Haematol. 2008; 142 ([BJH7276 [pii]]): 819-826https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365–2141.2008.07276.x