- •A nationwide cohort study.
- •Aspirin has no benefit in preventing ischemic stroke.
- •Aspirin is associated with the risk of renal failure.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to European Journal of Internal Medicine
- Stroke in dialysis and chronic kidney disease.Blood Purif. 2013; 36: 179-183
- Low glomerular filtration rate and risk of stroke: meta-analysis.BMJ. 2010; 341: c4249
- Risk of stroke in long-term dialysis patients compared with the general population.Am J Kidney Dis. 2014; 63: 604-611
- Collaborative overview of randomised trials of antiplatelet therapy–I: prevention of death, myocardial infarction, and stroke by prolonged antiplatelet therapy in various categories of patients.BMJ. 1994; 308: 81-106
- BMJ. 2002; 324: 71-86
- Aspirin is beneficial in hypertensive patients with chronic kidney disease: a post-hoc subgroup analysis of a randomized controlled trial.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2010; 56: 956-965
- Net clinical benefit of antithrombotic therapy in patients with atrial fibrillation and chronic kidney disease: a nationwide observational cohort study.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2014; 64: 2471-2482
- Low-dose aspirin for prevention of cardiovascular disease in patients with chronic kidney disease.PLoS One. 2014; 9e104179
- Antithrombotic therapy in patients with chronic kidney disease.Circulation. 2012; 125: 2649-2661
- Chronic kidney disease: how effective and safe are antiplatelet agents in CKD?.Nat Rev Nephrol. 2013; 9: 314-316
- Aspirin in the primary and secondary prevention of vascular disease: collaborative meta-analysis of individual participant data from randomised trials.Lancet. 2009; 373: 1849-1860
- First United Kingdom heart and renal protection (UK-HARP-I) study: biochemical efficacy and safety of simvastatin and safety of low-dose aspirin in chronic kidney disease.Am J Kidney Dis. 2005; 45: 473-484
- Effects of antiplatelet therapy on mortality and cardiovascular and bleeding outcomes in persons with chronic kidney disease: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Ann Intern Med. 2012; 156: 445-459
- Antiplatelet agents for chronic kidney disease.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2013; 2: Cd008834
- Haemostatic profiles assessed by thromboelastography in patients with end-stage renal disease.Thromb Haemost. 2011; 106: 67-74
- Haemostasis in chronic kidney disease.Nephrol Dial Transplant. 2014; 29: 29-40
- Uremic bleeding: pathogenesis and therapy.Am J Med Sci. 1998; 316: 94-104
- Adapting a clinical comorbidity index for use with ICD-9-CM administrative databases.J Clin Epidemiol. 1992; 45: 613-619
- Von Willebrand factor, ADAMTS13 activity, TNF-alpha and their relationships in patients with chronic kidney disease.Exp Ther Med. 2012; 3: 530-534
- von Willebrand factor in cardiovascular disease: focus on acute coronary syndromes.Circulation. 2008; 117: 1449-1459
- Inflammation, not hyperhomocysteinemia, is related to oxidative stress and hemostatic and endothelial dysfunction in uremia.Kidney Int. 2001; 60: 1844-1850
- Chronic kidney disease is associated with increased platelet activation and poor response to antiplatelet therapy.Nephrol Dial Transplant. 2013; 28: 2116-2122
- Impact of chronic kidney disease on platelet function profiles in diabetes mellitus patients with coronary artery disease taking dual antiplatelet therapy.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2010; 55: 1139-1146
- Platelet/leukocyte activation, inflammation, and uremia.Semin Dial. 2009; 22: 423-427
- The influence of chronic renal failure on drug metabolism and transport.Clin Pharmacol Ther. 2009; 86: 553-556
- ESRD impairs nonrenal clearance of fexofenadine but not midazolam.J Am Soc Nephrol. 2009; 20: 2269-2276
- Microparticles and microRNAs: new players in the complex field of coagulation.Intern Emerg Med. 2013; 8: 291-296
- Influence of antiplatelet medications on bleeding events in hemodialysis patients.Ther Apher Dial. 2011; 15: 454-459
- Clin J Am Soc Nephrol. 2009; 4: 1347-1355
- Australia and New Zealand Dialysis and Transplant Registry (ANZDATA). The 32nd Annual Report—2009 report.2010 (Available: http://www.anzdata.org.au/v1/report_2009.html. Accessed 16 November 2010)