- •This paper is one of the few to consider the problems of journal editors for security attacks.
- •This research demonstrated how easy it is for cybercriminals to produce authentic-appearing websites.
- •The resulting guidelines will be useful for editors as well as researchers.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to European Journal of Internal Medicine
- The development of open access journal publishing from 1993 to 2009.PLoS One. 2011; 6e20961
- Scientific publisher hacked, affecting 65 papers.2016 (http://retractionwatch.com/2016/11/18/scientific-publisher-hacked-affecting-65-papers/[accessed 16.25.11])
- Open access and libraries.Collect Manag. 2008; 32: 351-383
- The continued movement for open access to peer-reviewed literature.Am J Ophthalmol. 2013; 156: 423-432
- Gold open access publishing must not be allowed to retard the progress of green open access self-archiving.Logos. 2010; 21: 86-93
- Dangerous predatory publishers threaten medical research.J Korean Med Sci. 2016; 31: 1511-1513
- Publishing ethics and predatory practices: a dilemma for all stakeholders of science communication.J Korean Med Sci. 2015; 30: 1010-1016
- Predatory journals in psychiatry: a note of caution.Asian J Psychiatr. 2015 Aug 1; 16: 67-68
- Rise of academic plagiarism in India: reasons, solutions and resolution.Lung India. 2015; 32: 542-543
- You are invited to submit.BMC Med. 2015; 13: 1-4
- Hijacked journals and predatory publishers: is there a need to re-think how to assess the quality of academic research?.Walailak J Sci Technol. 2014; 11: 389-394
Beall, J. Criteria for determining predatory open-access publishers. Scholarly open access, (https://scholarlyoa.Files.wordpress.com/2015/01/criteria-2015.pdf [accessed 16.25.11]).
- ‘Predatory’ open access: a longitudinal study of article volumes and market characteristics.BMC Med. 2015; 13: 1-15
- A literature for all conservationists, everywhere?.Oryx. 2015; 49: 1-2
- Solutions for commandeered journals, debatable journals, and forged journals.Contemp Clin Dent. 2015; 6: 283
- Predatory and fake scientific journals/publishers–a global outbreak with rising trend: a review.Geogr Pannonica. 2014; 18: 69-81
- Journal hijacking: a new challenge for medical scientific community.Dent Hypotheses. 2015; 6: 3-5
- More trends in predatory publishing practices.Nurse Author Ed. 2015; 25: 3
- The rise of predatory publishing: how to avoid being scammed.Weed Sci. 2016; 64: 772-778
- Research on the phenomenon of hijacked journals.Chin Acad J. 2015; 159: 16-24
- How to hijack a journal?.Science. 2015; 350: 903-905
- Hackers spy scientists.Indian Pediatr. 2016; 53: 1027
- The art of SEO.(O'Reilly Media Inc)2012
- Ultimate guide to search engine optimization: drive traffic, boost conversion rates and make lots of money.1th ed. Entrepreneur Press, California2008
- Web application security, a beginner's guide.1st ed. USA, McGraw-Hill Education2011
- The web application hacker's handbook: finding and exploiting security flaws.2nd ed. Wiley & Sons, United States2011
- Traditional countermeasures to unwanted email.in: Jakobsson M. Understanding social engineering based scams. Springer New York, New York2016: 51-62
- Why spoofing is serious internet fraud.Commun ACM. 2006; 49: 76-82
- Hijacking by email: a new fraud method.Razavi Int J Med. 2016; 4: 1-2
- Advanced social engineering attacks.J Inform Secur Appl. 2015; 22: 113-122
- Hey! Got an email from China Domain Name Registration Center, Asian Domain Registration Service in China, The Department Of Registration Service In China etc..2013 (http://www.europeandomaincentre.com/pages/news-room/domain-management-news/hey!-got-an-email-from-china-domain-name-registration-center-asian-domain-registration-service-in-china-the-department-of-registration-service-in-china-etc.#.WDhm1JNNzDe [accessed 16.25.11])
- Chinese Domain Name Scams – Part II.2013 (http://blog.escanav.com/2013/09/23/chinese-domain-name-scams-part-ii/ [accessed 16.25.11])