- •ST segment elevations on EKG can be seen in other conditions such as BrS physiology
- •Drugs and fever can precipitate Brs
- •Diagnosis of BrS is crucial to prevent sudden cardiac death and fatal ventricular arrythmias
- •Placement of ICD in appropriate BrS patients
- •Screening of first degree relatives of BrS patients to identify asymptomatic BrS in family members
1. What is the diagnosis?
- Mizusawa Y.
- Wilde A.A.M.
Conflict of interest disclosures
Ethics committee approval
- Brugada syndrome.Circ Arrhythm Electrophysiol. 2012; 5: 606-616https://doi.org/10.1161/CIRCEP.111.964577
- Atrial fibrillation and atrial vulnerability in patients with Brugada syndrome.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2002; 40: 1437-1444
- Risk stratification in patients with Brugada syndrome without previous cardiac arrest – prognostic value of combined risk factors.Circ J. 2015; 79: 310-317https://doi.org/10.1253/circj.CJ-14-1059