- •Thyroid autoantibodies and TSH was presented as risk factors for future hypothyroidism.
- •TSH level was a significant predictor for overt hypothyroidism especially in total population and female.
- •A cutoff value of TSH at 2.05 mIU/L was differentiated the overt hypothyroidism patients with from euthyroid.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to European Journal of Internal Medicine
- The Colorado thyroid disease prevalence study.Arch Intern Med. 2000; 160: 526-534
- Serum TSH, T(4), and thyroid antibodies in the United States population (1988 to 1994): National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey (NHANES III).J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2002; 87: 489-499
- The spectrum of thyroid disease in a community: the Whickham survey.Clin Endocrinol. 1977; 7: 481-493
- Thyroid status, cardiovascular risk, and mortality in older adults.JAMA. 2006; 295: 1033-1041
- Thyroid disease and lipids.Thyroid. 2002; 12: 287-293
- Prevalence of thyroid disease, thyroid dysfunction and thyroid peroxidase antibodies in a large, unselected population. The health study of Nord-Trondelag (HUNT).Eur J Endocrinol. 2000; 143: 639-647
- Establishment of a serum thyroid stimulating hormone (TSH) reference interval in healthy adults. The importance of environmental factors, including thyroid antibodies.Clin Chem Lab Med. 2004; 42: 824-832
- New reference intervals for thyrotropin and thyroid hormones based on National Academy of Clinical Biochemistry criteria and regular ultrasonography of the thyroid.Clin Chem. 2005; 51: 1480-1486
- Investigations of thyroid hormones and antibodies based on a community health survey: the Busselton thyroid study.Clin Endocrinol. 2006; 64: 97-104
- The clinical significance of subclinical thyroid dysfunction.Endocr Rev. 2008; 29: 76-131
- American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists medical guidelines for clinical practice for the evaluation and treatment of hyperthyroidism and hypothyroidism.Endocr Pract. 2001; 8: 457-469
- National Academy of Clinical Biochemistry. Laboratory medicine practice guidelines laboratory support for the diagnosis and monitoring of thyroid disease.Thyroid. 2003; 13: 3-126
- The thyrotropin reference range should remain unchanged.J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2005; 90: 5489-5496
- The evidence for a narrower thyrotropin reference range is compelling.J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2005; 90: 5483-5488
- Is there a need to redefine the upper normal limit of TSH?.Eur J Endocrinol. 2006; 154: 633-637
- The incidence of thyroid disorders in the community: a twenty-year follow-up of the Whickham survey.Clin Endocrinol. 1995; 43: 55-68
- Thyrotropin and thyroid antibodies as predictors of hypothyroidism: a 13-year, longitudinal study of a community-based cohort using current immunoassay techniques.J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2010 Mar; 95: 1095-1104https://doi.org/10.1210/jc.2009-1977
- Prediction of progression to overt hypothyroidism or hyperthyroidism in female relatives of patients with autoimmune thyroid disease using the thyroid events Amsterdam (thea) score.Arch Intern Med. 2008; 168: 1657-1663
- The importance of thyroid microsomal antibodies in the development of elevated serum TSH in middle-aged women: associations with serum lipids.Clin Endocrinol. 1993; 39: 275-280
- Effect of iodine intake on thyroid diseases in China.N Engl J Med. 2006; 354: 2783-2793
- Serum thyrotropin is a better predictor of future thyroid dysfunction than thyroid autoantibody status in biochemically euthyroid patients with diabetes: implications for screening.Thyroid. 2004; 14: 853-857
- Antithyroperoxidase and antithyroglobulin antibodies in a five-year follow-up survey of populations with different iodine intakes.J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2008; 93: 1751-1757
- Thyroid peroxidase antibodies, levels of thyroid stimulating hormone and development of hypothyroidism in euthyroid subjects.Eur. J. Intern. Med. 2010; 21: 555-559
- The prevalence of thyroid dysfunction in an iodine-sufficient area in Iran.Arch. Iran. Med. 2009; 12: 262-270
- Effects of iodized salt consumption on goiter prevalence in Isfahan: the possible role of goitrogens.Endocr Pract. 2001; 7: 95-98
- Prevalence of hyperthyroidism in Isfahan-Iran, in the year 2006, fifteen years after universal salt iodization: a community based study.Acta Endocrinol. 2008; 4: 273-285
- National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey III thyroid-stimulating hormone (TSH)-thyroperoxidase antibody relationships demonstrate that TSH upper reference limits may be skewed by occult thyroid dysfunction.J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2007; 92: 4236-4240
- Natural history of the transition from euthyroidism to overt autoimmune hypo-or hyperthyroidism: a prospective study.Eur J Endocrinol. 2011; 164: 107-113
- Serum TSH within the reference range as a predictor of future hypothyroidism and hyperthyroidism: 11-year follow-up of the HUNT study in Norway.J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2012 Jan; 97: 93-99https://doi.org/10.1210/jc.2011-1724
- Subclinical hypothyroidism is mild thyroid failure and should be treated.J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2001; 86: 4585-4590