- •NAFLD prevalence in T2DM adults was 73.2% (95% confidence interval: 59.7%–84.2%).
- •HOMA-IR was independently associated with NAFLD in adults with T2DM.
- •HOMA-IR showed a good capacity in discriminating NAFLD in adults with T2DM.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to European Journal of Internal Medicine
- Global epidemiology of nonalcoholic fatty liver disease-meta-analytic assessment of prevalence, incidence, and outcomes.Hepatology. 2016 Jul; 64: 73-84
- Prevalence of nonalcoholic fatty liver disease and nonalcoholic steatohepatitis among a largely middle-aged population utilizing ultrasound and liver biopsy: a prospective study.Gastroenterology. 2011 Jan; 140: 124-131
- Prevalence of and risk factors for hepatic steatosis and nonalcoholic fatty liver disease in people with type 2 diabetes: the Edinburgh Type 2 Diabetes Study.Diabetes Care. 2011 May; 34: 1139-1144
- Prevalence of nonalcoholic fatty liver disease and its association with cardiovascular disease among type 2 diabetic patients.Diabetes Care. 2007 May; 30: 1212-1218
- Increasing aortic stiffness is predictive of advanced liver fibrosis in patients with type 2 diabetes: the Rio-T2DM cohort study.Liver Int. 2016 Jul; 36: 977-985
- Worldwide trends in diabetes since 1980: a pooled analysis of 751 population-based studies with 4.4 million participants.Lancet. 2016 Apr 9; 387: 1513-1530
- EASL-EASD-EASO Clinical Practice Guidelines for the management of non-alcoholic fatty liver disease.Diabetologia. 2016 Jun; 59: 1121-1140
- Association of nonalcoholic fatty liver disease with insulin resistance.Am J Med. 1999 Nov; 107: 450-455
- The diagnosis and management of non-alcoholic fatty liver disease: practice guideline by the American Gastroenterological Association, American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases, and American College of Gastroenterology.Gastroenterology. 2012 Jun; 142: 1592-1609
- Clinical usefulness of a new equation for estimating body fat.Diabetes Care. 2012 Feb; 35: 383-388
- Estimation of the Youden Index and its associated cutoff point.Biom J. 2005 Aug; 47: 458-472
- Prevalence and associated factors of non-alcoholic fatty liver disease in patients with type-2 diabetes mellitus.Liver Int. 2009 Jan; 29: 113-119
- High prevalence of nonalcoholic fatty liver disease in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus and normal plasma aminotransferase levels.J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2015 Jun; 100: 2231-2238
- Review: the role of insulin resistance in nonalcoholic fatty liver disease.J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2006 Dec; 91: 4753-4761
- Metabolic significance of nonalcoholic fatty liver disease in nonobese, nondiabetic adults.Arch Intern Med. 2004 Oct 25; 164: 2169-2175
- Epidemiological modifiers of non-alcoholic fatty liver disease: focus on high-risk groups.Dig Liver Dis. 2015 Dec; 47: 997-1006
- Non-alcoholic fatty liver disease progresses to hepatocellular carcinoma in the absence of apparent cirrhosis.Int J Cancer. 2011 May 15; 128: 2436-2443
- Nonalcoholic fatty liver disease in patients with type 2 diabetes.Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2004 Mar; 2: 262-265
- Nonalcoholic fatty liver disease is associated with increased carotid intima-media thickness only in type 2 diabetic subjects with insulin resistance.J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2014 May; 99: 1879-1884
- Nonalcoholic fatty liver disease is associated with ventricular arrhythmias in patients with type 2 diabetes referred for clinically indicated 24-h Holter monitoring.Diabetes Care. 2016 May; 23
- Association of nonalcoholic fatty liver disease with QTc interval in patients with type 2 diabetes.Nutr Metab Cardiovasc Dis. 2014 Jun; 24: 663-669
- Increased risk of CKD among type 2 diabetics with nonalcoholic fatty liver disease.J Am Soc Nephrol. 2008 Aug; 19: 1564-1570
- NAFLD: a multisystem disease.J Hepatol. 2015 Apr; 62: S47-S64
- Control of glycemia and cardiovascular risk factors in patients with type 2 diabetes in primary care in Catalonia (Spain).Diabetes Care. 2012 Apr; 35: 774-779