- •Scurvy is a rare issue but may not be overlooked as it can be severe.
- •Scurvy is often associated with inflammatory bowel diseases.
- •Purpuric lesions in scurvy can mimic cutaneous vasculitis.
- •Purple purpura of the palate as gingival inflammation are typical aspects of scurvy.
- •Supplementation has to be initiated before the diagnosis is confirmed.
1. Case description
2. Discussion section
Conflict of interest
- Eur J Clin Nutr. 2015 Sep; 69: 1076-1077https://doi.org/10.1038/ejcn.2015.99
- Postgrad Med J. 1979 Jan; 55: 26-29
- Rheumatology (Oxford). 2015 Nov; 54: 1970-1975
- Am J Dermatopathol. 2007 Feb; 29: 44-55