Over the last few summers in Europe, increasingly hot and dry, we are experiencing a new great problem, the drought, associated with mugginess and insufficient winter and spring rainfall that do not allow the restoration of water reserves. Forecasts for the future are certainly not encouraging at the global level. It is in fact estimated that about half of the world population by 2025 will live in conditions of water scarcity, whose quality is definitely lowering in different parts of the world.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to European Journal of Internal Medicine
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Health effects of drought: a systematic review of the evidence.PLoS Curr. 2013; 5
- Direct and indirect effects of climate change on the risk of infection by water-transmitted pathogens.Environ Sci Technol. 2013; 47: 12648-12660
- Impact on human health of climate changes.Eur J Intern Med. 2015; 26: 1-5
- Untangling the Impacts of Climate Change on Waterborne Diseases: a systematic review of relationships between diarrheal diseases and temperature, rainfall, flooding, and drought.Environ Sci Technol. 2016; 50: 4905-4922
- Meteorological conditions, climate change, new emerging factors, and asthma and related allergic disorders. A statement of the World Allergy Organization.World Allergy Organ J. 2015; 8: 25
- Emergency response to and preparedness for extreme weather events and environmental changes in China.Asia Pac J Public Health. 2016; 28: 59S-66S
- Critical review of health impacts of wildfire smoke exposure.Environ Health Perspect. 2016; 124: 1334-1343
- Physical, mental, and financial impacts from drought in two California Counties, 2015.Am J Public Health. 2017; 107: 783-790
Published online: August 11, 2017
Accepted: August 7, 2017
Received: August 5, 2017
© 2017 European Federation of Internal Medicine. Published by Elsevier B.V. All rights reserved.