- •In patients with advanced heart failure and palliative home care 54% had anaemia.
- •In these patients 47% also hade iron deficiency (ID).
- •Anaemia was associated with symptoms, quality of life and health-related questions.
- •ID was not associated with symptoms, quality of life and health-related questions.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to European Journal of Internal Medicine
- ESC guidelines for the diagnosis and treatment of acute and chronic heart failure: the task force for the diagnosis and treatment of acute and chronic heart failure of the European Society of Cardiology (ESC). Developed with the special contribution of the heart failure association (HFA) of the ESC.Eur J Heart Fail. 2016; 18 (2016): 891-975
- Iron deficiency in chronic heart failure: an international pooled analysis.Am Heart J. 2013; 165 ([e3]): 575-582
- Iron-deficiency anemia.N Engl J Med. 2015; 373: 485-486
- Iron status in patients with chronic heart failure.Eur Heart J. 2013; 34: 827-834
- Beneficial effects of long-term intravenous iron therapy with ferric carboxymaltose in patients with symptomatic heart failure and iron deficiency dagger.Eur Heart J. 2015; 36: 657-668
- The effect of intravenous ferric carboxymaltose on health-related quality of life in patients with chronic heart failure and iron deficiency: a subanalysis of the FAIR-HF study.Eur Heart J. 2013; 34: 30-38
- Determinants of quality of life of patients with heart failure and iron deficiency treated with ferric carboxymaltose: FAIR-HF sub-analysis.Int J Cardiol. 2013; 168: 3878-3883
- Iron deficiency predicts impaired exercise capacity in patients with systolic chronic heart failure.J Card Fail. 2011; 17: 899-906
- Disordered iron homeostasis in chronic heart failure: prevalence, predictors, and relation to anemia, exercise capacity, and survival.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2011; 58: 1241-1251
- Effects of person-centred and integrated chronic heart failure and palliative home care. PREFER: a randomized controlled study.Eur J Heart Fail. 2014; 16: 1142-1151
- New model for integrated heart failure and palliative advanced homecare—rationale and design of a prospective randomized study.European Journal of Cardiovascular Nursing: Journal of the Working Group on Cardiovascular Nursing of the European Society of Cardiology. 2013; 12: 269-275
- Heart failure registry: a valuable tool for improving the management of patients with heart failure.Eur J Heart Fail. 2010; 12: 25-31
- Validation of the Edmonton symptom assessment scale.Cancer. 2000; 88: 2164-2171
- EuroQol—a new facility for the measurement of health-related quality of life.Health Policy. 1990; 16: 199-208
- Validation of the EQ-5D in patients with a history of acute coronary syndrome.Curr Med Res Opin. 2005; 21: 1209-1216
- Psychometric properties of a Swedish version of the Kansas City cardiomyopathy questionnaire in a chronic heart failure population.European Journal of Cardiovascular Nursing: Journal of the Working Group on Cardiovascular Nursing of the European Society of Cardiology. 2008; 7: 214-221
- Colorimetric measurement of iron in plasma samples anticoagulated with EDTA.J Clin Pathol. 1992; 45: 151-154
- Detection, evaluation, and management of iron-restricted erythropoiesis.Blood. 2010; 116: 4754-4761
- Relation of longitudinal changes in quality of life assessments to changes in functional capacity in patients with heart failure with and without anemia.Am J Cardiol. 2016; 117: 1482-1487
- Iron deficiency in patients with heart failure.European Heart Journal Cardiovascular Pharmacotherapy. 2015; 1: 58-64
- Iron deficiency: an ominous sign in patients with systolic chronic heart failure.Eur Heart J. 2010; 31: 1872-1880
- Iron deficiency and health-related quality of life in chronic heart failure: results from a multicenter European study.Int J Cardiol. 2014; 174: 268-275
- Ferric carboxymaltose in patients with heart failure and iron deficiency.N Engl J Med. 2009; 361: 2436-2448
- Iron deficiency syndromes and iron-restricted erythropoiesis (CME).Transfusion. 2012; 52: 1584-1592
- Anaemia in chronic heart failure: more awareness is required.Intern Med J. 2013; 43: 999-1004