- •Mismanaged medical investigation compromises the efficiency of the organization and quality of care.
- •SM-art MEDicine methodology provides guidelines for judicious use of diagnostic tools.
- •The initiative led to a significant decline in the usage of diagnostic tools.
- •The initiative contributes to increased efficiency and quality of medical care.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to European Journal of Internal Medicine
- Hospital care efficiency and the SMART (specific, measurable, agreed, required, and timely) medicine initiative.JAMA Intern Med. 2016; 176: 398-399
- Medicine's ethical responsibility for health care reform—the top five list.N Engl J Med. 2010; 362: 283-285
- Choosing wisely: helping physicians and patients make smart decisions about their care.JAMA. 2012; 307: 1801-1802
- Creating a list of low-value health care activities in Swiss primary care.JAMA Intern Med. 2015; 175: 640-642
- Development of choosing wisely recommendations for an inpatient internal medicine service.JAMA Intern Med. 2015; 175: 642-644
- Over 150 potentially low-value health care practices: an Australian study.Med J Aust. 2012; 197: 556-560
- The science of choosing wisely — overcoming the therapeutic illusion.N Engl J Med. 2016; 374: 1203-1205