- •Retrieval of useful scientific information leaves many important data unrecognized.
- •Redundant information from generic KWs discourages searching and citation.
- •A rational KW choice narrows the target, optimizing scientific information exchange.
- •Selecting focused KWs improves diffusion-citation of relevant scientific knowledge.
- •Suitable formulas to trial and error reshape KWs optimize the chances of citation.
- •Retrieval of useful scientific information leaves many important data unrecognized when the KWs selected display a large number of papers.
- •Redundant information yielded by generic KWs discourages searching and favors the citation of articles published on established and well reputed journals.
- •A more rational use of KWs narrows the target, offering more selected information, while optimizing the exchange of scientific data and hypothesis.
- •Appropriately selected KWs might improve the access to, and the diffusion-citation of relevant scientific knowledge.
- •Trial and error reshaping of KWs allows their best selection to improve the chances of citation, that can be computed by appropriate formulas.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to European Journal of Internal Medicine
- Creativity and conformity in science: titles, keywords and co-word analysis.Soc Stud Sci. 1989; 19: 473-496
- Textpresso: an ontology-based information retrieval and extraction system for biological literature.PLoS Biol. 2004; 2e309https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pbio.0020309
- Title, abstract and keywords: essential issues in medical bibliographic research.Rev Med Chir Soc Med Nat Iasi. 2005; 109: 916-926
- Information extraction from full text scientific articles: where are the keywords?.BMC Bioinf. 2003; 4: 20
- The history and meaning of the journal impact factor.JAMA. 2006; 295: 90-93
- The rate of growth in scientific publication and the decline in coverage provided by Science Citation Index.Forensic Sci. 2010; 84: 575-603
- CiteSeer: an autonomous Web agent for automatic retrieval and identification of interesting publications.in: Proceeding AGENTS '98 Proceedings of the second international conference on Autonomous agents 1998; 116–123. Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA — May 10–13, 1998. ACM New York, NY, USA1998 (Table of contents ISBN:0-89791-983-1)
- The state of retrieval system evaluation.Inf Process Manag. 1992; 28: 441-449
- How representative is the journal impact factor?.Research Evaluation. 1992; 2: 143-149