- •Exercise oximetry (Ex-TcpO2) is now available in nine referral centers in France.
- •It modifies 44% of the diagnostic hypotheses of patients with exertional limb pain.
- •Ex-TcpO2 positively influences investigations or treatments of studied patients.
- •Applied to ~600 patients, this test induced a reduction of costs of ~130,000 Euros.
Material & methods
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to European Journal of Internal Medicine
- Comparison of global estimates of prevalence and risk factors for peripheral artery disease in 2000 and 2010: a systematic review and analysis.Lancet. 2013; 382: 1329-1340
- Relationship between objective measures of peripheral arterial disease severity to self-reported quality of life in older adults with intermittent claudication.J Vasc Surg. 2005; 41: 625-630
- The diagnosis of ischaemic heart pain and intermittent claudication in field surveys.Bull World Health Organ. 1962; 27: 645-658
- The Edinburgh Claudication Questionnaire: an improved version of the WHO/Rose Questionnaire for use in epidemiological surveys.J Clin Epidemiol. 1992; 45: 1101-1109
- Exertional leg symptoms other than intermittent claudication are common in peripheral arterial disease.Arch Intern Med. 1999; 159: 387-392
- High prevalence of known and unknown pulmonary diseases in patients with claudication during exercise oximetry: a retrospective analysis.Medicine (Baltimore). 2016; 95e4888
- Transcutaneous oxygen pressure measurements in diabetic and non-diabetic patients clinically suspected of severe limb ischemia: a matched paired retrospective analysis.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2009; 28: 479-483
- The impact of transcutaneous oxygen pressure measurement in patients with suspected critical lower limb ischemia.Int Angiol. 2016; 35: 492-497
- Transcutaneous oxygen pressure as a surrogate index of lower limb amputation.Int Angiol. 2016; 35: 565-572
- Use of a transcutaneous PO2 regional perfusion index to quantify tissue perfusion in peripheral vascular disease.Ann Surg. 1983; 197: 337-343
- High prevalence of proximal claudication among patients with patent aortobifemoral bypasses.J Vasc Surg. 2007; 45: 312-318
- Transcutaneous oxygen pressure measurements on the buttocks during exercise to detect proximal arterial ischemia: comparison with arteriography.Circulation. 2003; 107: 1896-1900
- Validation of a new device for transcutaneous oxygen pressure recordings in real and simulated exercise tests.Int Angiol. 2006; 25: 190-196
- Comparison of two devices for measuring exercise transcutaneous oxygen pressures in patients with claudication.Vasa. 2015; 44: 355-362
- Transcutaneous oxygen pressure measurements (tcpO2) at ankle during exercise in arterial claudication.Int Angiol. 2005; 24: 80-88
- Reproducibility of proximal and distal transcutaneous oxygen pressure measurements during exercise in stage 2 arterial claudication.Int Angiol. 2004; 23: 114-121
- Exercise transcutaneous oxygen pressure measurement has good sensitivity and specificity to detect lower extremity arterial stenosis assessed by computed tomography angiography.Medicine (Baltimore). 2016; 95e4522
- Exercise transcutaneous oximetry of the buttocks-external validation with computed tomography angiography.Circ J. 2017; 81: 1123-1128
- Nonrevascularizable buttock claudication improved with Sildenafil: a case report.Medicine (Baltimore). 2017; 96e6186
- The role of the deep femoral artery in the treatment of thigh claudication in case of hypogastric occlusion.Ann Vasc Surg. 2013; 27: 474-479
- Patency of direct revascularisation of the hypogastric arteries in patients with aortoiliac occlusive disease.Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg. 2011; 42: 78-82
- Functional outcome of hypogastric revascularisation for prevention of buttock claudication in patients with peripheral artery occlusive disease.Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg. 2010; 39: 323-329
- Application of exercise transcutaneous oxygen pressure measurements for detection of proximal lower extremity arterial disease: a case report.Vasc Med. 2015; 20: 251-255
- The correlation of the “walking estimated-limitation calculated by history” (WELCH) questionnaire with treadmill maximal walking time is not impaired by age, in patients with claudication.Qual Life Res. 2015; 24: 1857-1864
- Validation of the English version of the walking estimated-limitation calculated by history (WELCH) questionnaire in patients with intermittent claudication.Vasc Med. 2014; 19: 27-32
- A technique for the measurement of attitudes.Arch Psychol. 1932; 22: 5-55
- Multiprobe devices for exercise transcutaneous oxymetry in patients complaining claudication: interest and limits of unusual probe positions.Int Angiol. 2016; 35: 557-564
- Prevalence and causes of normal exercise oximetry in the calf in patients with peripheral artery disease and limiting calf claudication.Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg. 2016; 51: 572-578
- Chest tcpO2 changes during constant-load treadmill walking tests in patients with claudication.Physiol Meas. 2011; 32: 181-194
- Society for Vascular Surgery practice guidelines for atherosclerotic occlusive disease of the lower extremities: management of asymptomatic disease and claudication.J Vasc Surg. 2015; 61: 2S-41S
- Systematic diagnostic approach to proximal-without-distal claudication in a vascular population.Eur J Intern Med. 2005; 16: 575-579
- Pain description in patients with isolated proximal (without distal) exercise-related lower limb arterial ischemia.Vasc Med. 2004; 9: 261-265
- Comparison of reported symptoms to those produced by treadmill testing in patients with claudication suspected of arterial origin.Int Angiol. 2014; 33: 379-383
- Prognostic significance of declining ankle-brachial index values in patients with suspected or known peripheral arterial disease.Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg. 2007; 34: 206-213
- Interobserver variability of ankle-brachial index measurements at rest and post exercise in patients with intermittent claudication.Vasc Med. 2009; 14: 221-226