- Gilbert G.
- Geli P.
- Laxminarayan R.
- Dunne M.
- Smith D.L.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to European Journal of Internal Medicine
- Knowing when to stop antibiotic therapy.Med J Aus. 2015; https://doi.org/10.5694/mja14.01201
- Strategies for reduction in duration of antibiotic use in hospitalized patients.Clin Infect Dis. 2011; 52: 1232-1240
- The Maxwell Finland Lecture: for the duration-rational antibiotic administration in an era of antimicrobial resistance and Clostridium difficile.Clin Inf Dis. 2008; 46: 491-496
- ‘One-size-fits-all’? Optimizing treatment duration for bacterial infections.PLoS ONE. 2012; 7e29838https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0029838
- Pseudomonas aeruginosa bloodstream infection: importance of appropriate initial antimicrobial treatment.Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2005; 49: 1306-1311
- Optimizing drug exposure to minimize selection of antibiotic resistance.Clin Infect Dis. 2007; 45: S129-136
- Bacteria with increased mutation frequency and antibiotic resistance are enriched in the commensal flora of patients with high antibiotic usage.J Antimicrob Chemother. 2003; 52: 645-650
- Effect of azithromycin and clarithromycin therapy on pharyngeal carriage of macrolide-resistant streptococci in healthy volunteers: a randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled study.Lancet. 2007; 369: 482-490
- The emergence of antibiotic resistance by mutation.Clin Microbiol Infect. 2007; 13: 5-18
- Effectiveness of discontinuing antibiotic treatment after three days versus eight days in mild to moderate-severe community acquired pneumonia: randomized, double blind study.BMJ. 2006; 332: 1355
- Duration of antibiotic treatment in community-acquired pneumonia — a multicenter randomized clinical trial.JAMA Intern Med. 2016; https://doi.org/10.1001/jamainternmed.2016.3633