- •Molecular imaging is a useful adjunct to echocardiography in the diagnosis of IE.
- •Documentation of endocardial infection by molecular imaging now qualifies as a major criterion in the Duke Classification.
- •Molecular imaging is advantageous for identifying PV-related IE and CIED-related IE.
- •Molecular imaging is uniquely advantageous in identifying CHD-related IE.
- •Molecular imaging is uniquely advantageous in identifying septic emboli.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to European Journal of Internal Medicine
Vicent L., Saldivar HG., Bouza E., Munoz P., Cuerpo G., de Alarcon A et al Prognostic implications of a negative echocardiography in patients with infective endocarditis Eur J Intern Med https://doi.org/10.1016/jejim.2018.01.033.
- 18FDG-positron emission tomography (PET) has a role to play in the diagnosis and therapy of infective endocarditis and cardiac device infection.Int J Cardiol. 2013; 167: 1724-1736
Juneau D., Golfam M., Hazra S., Erthal F., Zuckier L.S., Bernick J. et al Molecular imaging for the diagnosis of infective endocarditis: a systematic literature review and meta-analysis Int J Cardiol https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijcard.2017.10.116.
- Positron emission tomography and single-photon emission computed tomography imaging in the diagnosis of cardiac implantable electronic device infection: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Circ Cardiovasc Imaging. 2017; https://doi.org/10.1161/CIRCIMAGING.116.005772
Mahmood M., Kendi AT., Farid S., Ajmal S., Johnson GB., Baddour LM et al Role of 18F-FDG PET/CT in the diagnosis of cardiovascular implantable electronic device infections: a meta-analysis J Nucl Cardiol doi:https://doi.org/10.1007/s12350-017-1063-0.
- 18F-FDG-PET/CT angiography in the diagnosis of infective endocarditis and cardiac device infection in adult patients with congenital heart disease and prosthetic material.Int J Cardiol. 2017; 248: 396-402
- 18F-FDG-PET/CT in patients with infectious endocarditis.J Nucl Med. 2014; 55: 1093-1098
- 18F-FDG PET/CT diagnosis of unexpected extracardiac septic embolism in patients with suspected cardiac endocarditis.Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging. 2013; 37: 1190-1196
- Guidelines for management of infective endocarditis. The Task Force for the management of infective endocarditis of the European Society of Cardiology.Eur Heart J. 2015; 36: 3075-3128
- Diagnostic accuracy of 18F-FDG PET/CT in infective endocarditis and implantable cardiac electronic device infection: a cross sectional study.J Nucl Med. 2016; 57: 1726-1732