Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to European Journal of Internal Medicine
- Projections of global mortality and burden of disease from 2002 to 2030.PLoS Med. 2016; 3: e442
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention.Control and Prevention. National diabetes fact sheet: national estimates and general information of diabetes and prediabetes in the United States, 2011. US Department of Health and Human Services, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta2011
- Treatment of type 2 diabetes mellitus in elderly patients.Rev Clin Esp. 2018; 218: 74-88
- California healthcare foundation/American Geriatrics Society panel on improving Care for Elders with diabetes. Guidelines for improving the care of the older person with diabetes mellitus.J Am Geriatr Soc. 2003; 51: S265-80
- Update on cognitive decline and dementia in elderly patients with diabetes.Diabetes Metab. 2014; 40: 331-337
- Design of the novel protraction mechanism of insulin degludec, an ultra-long-acting basal insulin.Pharm Res. 2012; 29: 2104-2114
- The pharmacodynamics variability of insulin degludec is consistently lower than insulin glargine over 24 hours at steady state.Diabetes. 2011; 60: A263
- Insulin degludec, an ultra-long acting basal insulin, versus insulin glargine in basal–bolus treatment with mealtime insulin aspart in type 2 diabetes (BEGIN basal–bolus type 2): a phase 3, randomised, open-label, treat-to-target non-inferiority trial.Lancet. 2012; 379: 1498-1507
- Efficacy and safety of Degludec versus Glargine in type 2 diabetes.N Engl J Med. 2017; 377: 723-732
- Insulin use in elderly adults: risk of hypoglycemia and strategies for care.J Am Geriatr Soc. 2012; 60: 1564-1570