- •Identification of regional wall motion abnormality is important in the diagnosis.
- •EKG and blood test abnormalities mimick acute myocardial infarction or myocarditis.
- •Pheochromocytoma, intracranial disease, and cocaine intoxication should be ruled out.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to European Journal of Internal Medicine
- Neurohumoral features of myocardial stunning due to sudden emotional stress.N Engl J Med. 2005; 352: 539-548
- Clinical features and outcomes of Takotsubo (stress) cardiomyopathy.N Engl J Med. 2015; 373: 929-938
- Circulation. 2005; 111: 472-479