- •AD is significantly associated with CD.
- •AIT is even more significantly associated with CD.
- •Screening for CD should occur on diagnosis of either AIT or AAD.
- •Delay in diagnosing AIT-related CD can have profound health consequences.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to European Journal of Internal Medicine
- Mucocutaneous pigmentation.Eur J Intern Med. 2018; 54: e1-e2
- Coeliac disease and autoimmune Addison's disease: A clinical pitfall.QJ Med. 2002; 95: 79-82
- Celiac disease in North Italian patients with autoimmune Adison's disease.Eur J Endocrinol. 2006; 154: 275-279
- Risk of primary adrenal insufficiency in patients with celiac disease.J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2007; 92: 3595-3598
- A novel data-driven workflow combining literature and electronic health records to estimate comorbidities burden for a specific disease: A case study on autoimmune comorbidities in patients with celiac disease.BMC Med Inform Decis Mak. 2017; 17: 140
- Co-occurrence of celiac disease and other autoimmune diseases in celiacs nd their first degree relatives.J Autoimmun. 2008; 31: 160-165
- Prevalence of celiac disease in patients with autoimmune thyroid disease: A meta analysis.Thyroid. 2016; 26: 880-890
- An autoimmune polyglandular syndrome complicated with celiac disease and autoimmune hepatitis.Ann Hepatol. 2016; 15: 588-591
- Screening of celiac disease in patients with autoimmune thyroid disease from Southern Brazil.Arq Bras Endocrinol Metabol. 2014; 58: 625-629
- Screening for associated autoimmune disorders in Polish patients with Addison's disease.Endocrine. 2010; 37: 349-360
- Clinical practice guidelines for hypothyroidism in adukts cosponsored by the American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists and the American Thyroid Association.Endocr Pract. 2012; 18: 989-1030
- NICE Clinical Knowledge Summary Guidance on management of Addison's disease.
- Diagnosis and management of adult coeliac disease; guidelines from the British Society of Gastroenterology.Gut. 2014; 63: 1210-1228