- •Anemia is a frequent comorbidity in acute coronary syndrome (ACS) patients.
- •In this observational ACS registry, anemia was present in 25.9% patients.
- •Novel P2Y12 inhibitors were significantly less prescribed in anemic patients.
- •Anemia was independently associated with major bleeding and all-cause mortality.
- •Anemic patients taking clopidogrel suffered more mortality events.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to European Journal of Internal Medicine
- Impact of anemia and dual antiplatelet therapy on mortality in patients undergoing percutaneous coronary intervention with drug-eluting stents.Sci Rep. 2015; 5: 17213
- Anaemia to predict outcome in patients with acute coronary syndromes.Arch Cardiovasc Dis. 2013; 106: 357-365
- Effect of anemia on frequency of short- and long-term clinical events in acute coronary syndromes (from the acute catheterization and urgent intervention triage strategy trial).Am J Cardiol. 2014; 114: 1823-1829
- Anemia and mortality in acute coronary syndromes: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Am Heart J. 2013; 165 (143-53.e5)
- Parameters influencing in-hospital mortality in patients hospitalized in intensive cardiac care unit: is there an influence of anemia and iron deficiency?.Intern Emerg Med. 2015; 10: 337-344
- ESC guidelines for the management of acute coronary syndromes in patients presenting without persistent ST-segment elevation: task force for the management of acute coronary syndromes in patients presenting without persistent ST-segment elevation of the European society of cardiology (ESC).Eur Heart J. 2015; 37: 267-315
- ESC guidelines for the management of acute myocardial infarction in patients presenting with ST-segment elevation.Eur Heart J. 2012; 33: 2569-2619
- Prasugrel versus clopidogrel in patients with acute coronary syndromes.N Engl J Med. 2007; 357: 2001-2015
- Ticagrelor versus clopidogrel in patients with acute coronary syndromes.N Engl J Med. 2009; 361: 1045-1057
- Temporal trends in the use of antiplatelet therapy in patients with acute coronary syndromes.J Cardiovasc Pharmacol Ther. 2017; 23: 57-65
- Low body weight and clinical outcomes in acute coronary syndrome patients: results of the ACHILLES Registry.Eur J Cardiovasc Nurs. 2017; 16: 696-703
- Standardized bleeding definitions for cardiovascular clinical trials: a consensus report from the bleeding academic research consortium.Circulation. 2011; 123: 2736-2747
- In-hospital acquired anemia in acute coronary syndrome. Predictors, in-hospital prognosis and one-year mortality.Rev Esp Cardiol (Engl Ed). 2012; 65: 742-748
- Impact of early invasive approach on outcomes of patients with acute coronary syndrome and baseline anemia: analysis from the ACSIS registry.J Interv Cardiol. 2015; 28: 315-325
- Relationship between anemia and mortality outcomes in a national acute coronary syndrome cohort: insights from the UK myocardial ischemia national audit project registry.J Am Heart Assoc. 2016; 5
- Impact of anemia on platelet reactivity and ischemic and bleeding risk: from the assessment of dual antiplatelet therapy with drug-eluting stents study.Am J Cardiol. 2016; 117: 1877-1883
- Baseline anemia in patients undergoing percutaneous coronary intervention after an acute coronary syndrome-a paradox of high bleeding risk, high ischemic risk, and complex coronary disease.J Interv Cardiol. 2017; 30: 491-499
- Relation of baseline hemoglobin levels and adverse events in patients with acute coronary syndromes (from the Acute Catheterization and Urgent intervention Triage strategY and Harmonizing Outcomes with RevasculariZatiON and stents in acute myocardial infarction trials).Am J Cardiol. 2017; 119: 1710-1716
- ESC focused update on dual antiplatelet therapy in coronary artery disease developed in collaboration with EACTS: the task force for dual antiplatelet therapy in coronary artery disease of the European society of cardiology (ESC) and of the European association for cardio-thoracic surgery (EACTS).Eur Heart J. 2017; 39: 213-260
- Real-world clopidogrel utilization in acute coronary syndromes: patients selection and outcomes in a single-center experience.Ther Adv Cardiovasc Dis. 2017; 11: 323-331
- Impact of anemia on platelet response to clopidogrel in patients undergoing percutaneous coronary stenting.Am J Cardiol. 2012; 109: 1148-1153
- Anaemia and prognosis in acute coronary syndromes: a systematic review and meta-analysis.J Int Med Res. 2012; 40: 43-55