- •Long-term mortality remains high in heart failure patients with reduced EF and CKD.
- •RAS inhibitors are associated with lower mortality in stage 3B CKD patients.
- •A relation between the agents and prognosis is unclear in stage 4 or 5 CKD patients.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to European Journal of Internal Medicine
- 2009 focused update incorporated into the ACC/AHA 2005 guidelines for the diagnosis and management of heart failure in adults: a report of the american college of cardiology foundation/american heart association task force on practice guidelines: developed in collaboration with the international society for heart and lung transplantation.Circulation. 2009; 119: e391-e479
- Antihypertensive therapy in the presence of proteinuria.Am. J. Kidney Dis. 2007; 49: 12-26
- Long-term trends in drug prescription for hospitalized patients with congestive heart failure. Influence of type of dysfunction.Rev. Esp. Cardiol. 2005; 58: 381-388
- Late-onset renal failure from angiotensin blockade (LORFFAB) in 100 CKD patients.Int. Urol. Nephrol. 2008; 40: 233-239
- The impact of stopping inhibitors of the renin-angiotensin system in patients with advanced chronic kidney disease.Nephrol. Dial. Transplant. 2010; 25: 3977-3982
- Effect on survival and hospitalization of initiating treatment for chronic heart failure with bisoprolol followed by enalapril, as compared with the opposite sequence: results of the randomized Cardiac Insufficiency Bisoprolol Study (CIBIS) III.Circulation. 2005; 112: 2426-2435
- Effects of candesartan on mortality and morbidity in patients with chronic heart failure: the CHARM-Overall programme.Lancet. 2003; 362: 759-766
- ESC guidelines for the diagnosis and treatment of acute and chronic heart failure: the Task Force for the diagnosis and treatment of acute and chronic heart failure of the european society of cardiology (esc)developed with the special contribution of the heart failure association (HFA) of the ESC.Eur Heart J. 2016; 37: 2129-2200
- Validation of the get with the guideline-heart failure risk score in Japanese patients and the potential improvement of its discrimination ability by the inclusion of B-type natriuretic peptide level.Am. Heart J. 2016; 171: 33-39
- Survival after the onset of congestive heart failure in Framingham Heart Study subjects.Circulation. 1993; 88: 107-115
- Long-term trends in the incidence of and survival with heart failure.N. Engl. J. Med. 2002; 347: 1397-1402
- Outcomes in patients hospitalized for heart failure and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease: differences in clinical profile and treatment between 2002 and 2009.Eur. J. Heart Fail. 2016; 18: 840-848
- Meta-analysis of the prognostic significance of atrial fibrillation in chronic heart failure.Eur. J. Heart Fail. 2009; 11: 676-683
- Loop diuretic use at discharge is associated with adverse outcomes in hospitalized patients with heart failure: a report from the Japanese cardiac registry of heart failure in cardiology (JCARE-CARD).Circ. J. 2012; 76: 1920-1927
- Amiodarone or an implantable cardioverter-defibrillator for congestive heart failure.N. Engl. J. Med. 2005; 352: 225-237
- Cardiac resynchronization therapy for patients with left ventricular systolic dysfunction: a systematic review.JAMA. 2007; 297: 2502-2514
- Renin-angiotensin inhibition in systolic heart failure and chronic kidney disease.Am. J. Med. 2012; 125: 399-410
- Association between renin-angiotensin system antagonist use and mortality in heart failure with severe renal insufficiency: a prospective propensity score-matched cohort study.Eur. Heart J. 2015; 36: 2318-2326
- Determinants and clinical outcome of uptitration of ACE-inhibitors and beta-blockers in patients with heart failure: a prospective European study.Eur. Heart J. 2017; 38: 1883-1890
- Efficacy and safety of supramaximal titrated inhibition of renin-angiotensin-aldosterone system in idiopathic dilated cardiomyopathy.ESC Heart Fail. 2015; 2: 129-138
- Prescribing patterns of evidence-based heart failure pharmacotherapy and outcomes in the ASIAN-HF registry: a cohort study.Lancet Glob. Health. 2018; 6 (e1008-e18).
- Should we stop angiotensin converting enzyme inhibitors/angiotensin receptor blockers in advanced kidney disease?.Nephron. 2016; 133: 147-158
- Disease-dependent mechanisms of albuminuria.Am. J. Physiol. Ren. Physiol. 2008; 295: F1589-F1600
- Effects of the angiotensin converting enzyme inhibitor enalapril on the long-term progression of left ventricular dilatation in patients with asymptomatic systolic dysfunction. SOLVD (Studies of Left Ventricular Dysfunction) investigators.Circulation. 1993; 88: 2277-2283
- Left ventricular remodeling after myocardial infarction: pathophysiology and therapy.Circulation. 2000; 101: 2981-2988
- The prevalence of frailty in heart failure: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Int. J. Cardiol. 2017; 236: 283-289
- Sarcopenia evaluated by fat-free mass index is an important prognostic factor in patients with chronic heart failure.Eur J Intern Med. 2015; 26: 118-122
- Cancer and heart failure-more than meets the eye: common risk factors and co-morbidities.Eur. J. Heart Fail. 2018; 20: 1382-1384
- Progression risk, urinary protein excretion, and treatment effects of angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitors in nondiabetic kidney disease.J. Am. Soc. Nephrol. 2007; 18: 1959-1965