- •Trigger factors are common in young females and in males with takotsubo syndrome.
- •Physical is more common than emotional trigger factors in takotsubo syndrome.
- •Physical trigger factors are common in young females with takotsubo syndrome.
- •Physical trigger factors are common in males with takotsubo syndrome.
Material and methods
Abbreviations:βAR (Beta adrenergic receptor), CAD (coronary artery disease), COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease), SNS (sympathetic nervous system)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to European Journal of Internal Medicine
- Tako-tsubo-like left ventricular dysfunction due to multivessel coronary spasm.in: Kodama K. Haze K. Hori M. Clinical Aspect of Myocardial Injury: From Ischemia to Heart Failure. Kagakuhyoronsha Publishing, Tokyo1990: 56-64 (In Japanese)
- Clinical features and outcomes of Takotsubo (stress) cardiomyopathy.N Engl J Med. 2015; 373: 929-938
- Natural history and expansive clinical profile of stress (Tako-Tsubo) cardiomyopathy.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2010; 55: 333-341
- Apical ballooning syndrome (Tako-Tsubo or stress cardiomyopathy): a mimic of acute myocardial infarction.Am Heart J. 2008; 155: 408-417
- Takotsubo syndrome (stress cardiomyopathy): an intriguing clinical condition in search of its identity.Am J Med. 2014; 127: 699-704
- Apical ballooning syndrome or takotsubo cardiomyopathy: a systematic review.Eur Heart J. 2006; 27: 1523-1529
- Prevalence of Takotsubo cardiomyopathy in the United States.Am Heart J. 2012; 164: 66-+
- Emotional stress-induced Tako-tsubo cardiomyopathy: animal model and molecular mechanism.Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2004; 1018: 437-444
- Takotsubo cardiomyopathy: what we have learned in the last 25 years? (A comparative literature review).Curr Cardiol Rev. 2016; 12: 297-303
- Current state of knowledge on Takotsubo syndrome: a position statement from the taskforce on Takotsubo syndrome of the heart failure Association of the European Society of cardiology.Eur J Heart Fail. 2016; 18: 8-27
- Neurohumoral features of myocardial stunning due to sudden emotional stress.N Engl J Med. 2005; 352: 539-548
- Epidemiology and pathophysiology of Takotsubo syndrome.Nat Rev Cardiol. 2015; 12: 387-397
- Reversible coronary microvascular dysfunction: a common pathogenetic mechanism in apical ballooning or Tako-Tsubo syndrome.Eur Heart J. 2010; 31: 1319-1327
- Transient left ventricular apical ballooning without coronary artery stenosis: a novel heart syndrome mimicking acute myocardial infarction. Angina pectoris-myocardial infarction investigations in Japan.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2001; 38: 11-18
- Neurological and non-neurological triggers of Takotsubo syndrome in the pediatric population.Int J Cardiol. 2015; 179: 345-347
- Demographic and co-morbid predictors of stress (takotsubo) cardiomyopathy.Am J Cardiol. 2012; 110: 1368-1372
- Perioperative Takotsubo cardiomyopathy: a systematic review of published cases.Semin Cardiothorac Vasc Anesth. 2017; 21: 277-290
- Pathophysiology of Takotsubo syndrome.Circulation. 2017; 135: 2426-2441
- Distinctive clinical characteristics according to age and gender in apical ballooning syndrome (Takotsubo/stress cardiomyopathy): an analysis focusing on men and young women.J Card Fail. 2013; 19: 306-310
- Svensk MeSH [Internet].Karolinska institutet, Stockholm1998 (Available from)
- A broken heart.Circulation. 1998; 98: 1349
- Chemotherapy-induced Takotsubo cardiomyopathy, a case report and review of the literature.BMC Cancer. 2017; 17: 394
- Stress cardiomyopathy after intravenous administration of catecholamines and beta-receptor agonists.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2009; 53: 1320-1325
- Long-term prognosis of the transient left ventricular dysfunction syndrome (Tako-Tsubo cardiomyopathy): focus on malignancies.Eur J Heart Fail. 2008; 10: 1015-1019
- Gender differences in the manifestation of tako-tsubo cardiomyopathy.Int J Cardiol. 2013; 166: 584-588
- Stress-related cardiomyopathy syndromes.Circulation. 2008; 118: 397-409
- Gender differences in sympathetic nervous system regulation.Clin Exp Pharmacol Physiol. 1999; 26: 122-126
- Endothelial function, vascular reactivity and gender differences in the cardiovascular system.Cardiovasc Res. 2002; 53: 597-604
- A novel clinical score (InterTAK Diagnostic. Score) to differentiate takotsubo syndrome from acute coronary syndrome: results from the International Takotsubo Registry.Eur J Heart Fail. 2017 Aug; 19: 1036-1042