- •Most intermediate-risk PE patients with RV involvement have a benign course.
- •Severe RV dysfunction and syncope were associated with worse outcomes.
- •A combined score might stratify those patients with a more benign clinical course.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to European Journal of Internal Medicine
- National trends in pulmonary embolism hospitalization rates and outcomes for adults aged ≥65 years in the United States (1999 to 2010).Am J Cardiol. 2015; 116: 1436-1442
- Trends in the management and outcomes of acute pulmonary embolism: analysis from the RIETE registry.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2016; 67: 162-170
- Short-term clinical outcome of patients with acute pulmonary embolism, normal blood pressure, and echocardiographic right ventricular dysfunction.Circulation. 2000; 101: 2817-2822
- Thrombolysis or heparin therapy in massive pulmonary embolism with right ventricular dilation: results from a 128-patient monocenter registry.Chest. 2001; 120: 120-125
- Prognostic value of right ventricular dysfunction in patients with haemodynamically stable pulmonary embolism: a systematic review.Eur Heart J. 2008; 29: 1569-1577
- Acute pulmonary embolism: mortality prediction by the 2014 European society of cardiology risk stratification model.Eur Respir J. 2016; 48: 780-786
- Improved identification of thrombolysis candidates amongst intermediate-risk pulmonary embolism patients: implications for future trials.Eur Respir J. 2018; 51
- ESC guidelines on the diagnosis and management of acute pulmonary embolism.Eur Heart J. 2014; 35 (2014. [3069a-3069k]): 3033-3069
- Antithrombotic therapy for VTE disease: chest guideline and expert panel report.Chest. 2016; 149: 315-352
- Identification of intermediate-risk patients with acute symptomatic pulmonary embolism.Eur Respir J. 2014; 44: 694-703
- Comparison of risk assessment strategies for not-high-risk pulmonary embolism.Eur Respir J. 2016; 47: 1170-1178
- Derivation and external validation of the SHIeLD score for predicting outcome in normotensive pulmonary embolism.Int J Cardiol. 2019 Apr 15; 281: 119-124
- Thrombolytic therapy for pulmonary embolism. Frequency of intracranial hemorrhage and associated risk factors.Chest. 1997; 111: 1241-1245
- Fibrinolysis for patients with intermediate-risk pulmonary embolism.N Engl J Med. 2014; 370: 1402-1411