- •Linear and nonlinear heart rate variability is impaired in Systemic Sclerosis.
- •Systemic Sclerosis patients have a blunted autonomic response to orthostatic stress.
- •Autonomic impairment occurs during the fibro-vascular progression of the disease.
- •Heart rate variability is not an early maker of dysfunction in this population.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to European Journal of Internal Medicine
- Cardiac arrhythmias and conduction defects in systemic sclerosis.Rheumatology (Oxford). 2013; 53: 1172-1177
- The impact of cardiopulmonary manifestations on the mortality of SSc: a systematic review and meta-analysis of observational studies.Rheumatology (Oxford). 2012; 51: 1027-1036
- Autonomic dysfunction in systemic sclerosis: time and frequency domain 24-hour heart rate variability analysis.Br J Rheumatol. 1997; 36: 669-676
- Assessment of myocardial fibrosis and microvascular damage in systemic sclerosis by magnetic resonance imaging and coronary angiotomography.Rheumatology (Oxford). 2015; 54: 647-654
- Pattern and distribution of myocardial fibrosis in systemic sclerosis: a delayed enhanced magnetic resonance imaging study.Arthritis Rheum. 2007; 56: 3827-3836
- Pathologic observations in systemic sclerosis (scleroderma). A study of fifty-eight autopsy cases and fifty-eight matched controls.Am J Med. 1969; 46: 428-440
- Physiologic abnormalities of cardiac function in progressive systemic sclerosis with diffuse scleroderma.N Engl J Med. 1984; 19: 142-148
- Relationship between ventricular arrhythmias, conduction disorders, and myocardial fibrosis in patients with systemic sclerosis.J Clin Rheumatol. 2018; 24: 25-33
- Cardiac autonomic dysfunction precedes the development of fibrosis in patients with systemic sclerosis.Rheumatology (Oxford). 2002; 41: 586-588
- Autonomic dysfunction and microvascular damage in systemic sclerosis.Clin Rheumatol. 2007; 26: 1278-1283
- Power spectrum analysis of heart rate variability to assess the changes in Sympathovagal balance during graded orthostatic tilt.Circulation. 1994; 90: 1826-1831
- Assessment of cardiac autonomic modulation during graded head-up tilt by symbolic analysis of heart rate variability.Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2007; 293: 702-708
- An integrated approach based on uniform quantization for the evaluation of complexity of short-term heart period variability: application to 24 h holter recordings in healthy and heart failure humans.Chaos. 2007; 17: 151-157
- Cardiac mechanics and heart rate variability in patients with systemic sclerosis: the association that we should not miss.Rheumatol Int. 2017; 37: 49-57
- The relationship between left ventricular deformation and heart rate variability in patients with systemic sclerosis: two- and three-dimensional strain analysis.Int J Cardiol. 2017; 236: 145-150
- Autonomic nervous system dysfunction in sclerodermic and primary Raynaud's phenomenon.Clin Sci. 1999; 96: 49-57
- Classification criteria for systemic sclerosis: an American college of rheumatology/European league against rheumatism collaborative initiative.Arthritis Rheum. 2013; 65: 2737-2747
- Criteria for the classification of early systemic sclerosis.J Rheumatol J. 2001; 28: 1573-1576
- Scleroderma (systemic sclerosis): classification, subsets and pathogenesis.J Rheumatol. 1988; 15: 202-205
- The heart in scleroderma: noninvasive assessment.Clin Cardiol. 1982; 5: 383-387
- Autonomic neuropathy in systemic sclerosis: a case report and evaluation of six patients.Ann Rheum Dis. 1985; 45: 957-960
- Autonomic neuropathy in systemic sclerosis.Ann Rheum Dis. 1988; 47: 542-545
- Normal cardiovascular autonomic function in patients with systemic sclerosis (CREST variant).Ann Rheum Dis. 1988; 47: 672-674
- Autonomic dysfunction in systemic sclerosis: sympathetic overactivity and instability.Am J Med. 1992; 93: 143-150
- Left atrial phasic function and heart rate variability in patients with systemic sclerosis: a new part of the old puzzle.Echocardiography. 2017; 34: 1447-1455
- Twenty-four hour heart period variability in systemic sclerosis.J Rheumatol. 1996; 23: 643-645
- Early cardiovascular involvement in patients with systemic sclerosis (SSc).Med Sci Monit. 2002; 8: 78-82
- Cardiac involvement in scleroderma.Rheum Dis Clin North Am. 1996; 22: 841-860
- Serum levels of vascular dysfunction markers reflect disease severity and stage in systemic sclerosis patients.Rheumatology (Oxford). 2016; 55: 1112-1116
- Association of MicroRNA-618 expression with altered frequency and activation of Plasmacytoid dendritic cells in patients with systemic sclerosis.Arthritis Rheumatol. 2017; 69: 1891-1902