- Boriani G.
- Diemberger I.
- Martignani C.
- Biffi M.
- Branzi A.
- Lip G.Y.H.
- Banerjee A.
- Boriani G.
- Chiang C.E.
- Fargo R.
- Freedman B.
- et al.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to European Journal of Internal Medicine
- The epidemiological burden of atrial fibrillation: a challenge for clinicians and health care systems.Eur Heart J. 2006; 27: 893-894https://doi.org/10.1093/eurheartj/ehi651
- Antithrombotic therapy for atrial fibrillation.Chest. 2018; 154: 1121-1201https://doi.org/10.1016/j.chest.2018.07.040
- Stroke prevention in atrial fibrillation.Lancet. 2016; 388: 806-817https://doi.org/10.1016/S0140-6736(16)31257-0
- Asymptomatic versus symptomatic atrial fibrillation: a systematic review of age/gender differences and cardiovascular outcomes.Int J Cardiol. 2015; 191: 172-177https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijcard.2015.05.011
- Asymptomatic atrial fibrillation: clinical correlates, management, and outcomes in the EORP-AF pilot general registry.Am J Med. 2015; 128: 509-518.e2https://doi.org/10.1016/j.amjmed.2014.11.026
- Typical, atypical, and asymptomatic presentations of new-onset atrial fibrillation in the community: characteristics and prognostic implications.Hear Rhythm. 2016; 13: 1418-1424https://doi.org/10.1016/j.hrthm.2016.03.003
- Screening for atrial fibrillation: a European heart rhythm association (EHRA) consensus document endorsed by the Heart Rhythm Society (HRS), Asia Pacific Heart Rhythm Society (APHRS), and Sociedad Latinoamericana de Estimulacion Cardiaca y Electrofisiolog.Europace. 2017; 19: 1-35https://doi.org/10.1093/europace/eux177
- Screening for atrial fibrillation.Circulation. 2017; 135: 1851-1867https://doi.org/10.1161/CIRCULATIONAHA.116.026693
- Antithrombotic therapy to prevent stroke in patients with atrial fibrillation: a meta-analysis.Ann Intern Med. 1999; 131: 492-501
- Comparison of the efficacy and safety of new oral anticoagulants with warfarin in patients with atrial fibrillation: a meta-analysis of randomised trials.Lancet. 2014; 383: 955-962https://doi.org/10.1016/S0140-6736(13)62343-0
- Residual risk of stroke and death in anticoagulant-treated patients with atrial fibrillation.JAMA Cardiol. 2016; 1: 366https://doi.org/10.1001/jamacardio.2016.0393
- A prospective 5-year follow-up after population-based systematic screening for atrial fibrillation.Europace. 2018; 20: f306-f311https://doi.org/10.1093/europace/euy045
- Atrial Fibrillation: The Management of Atrial Fibrillation.National Clinical Guideline Centre, London2014
- 2016 ESC guidelines for the management of atrial fibrillation developed in collaboration with EACTS.Eur Heart J. 2016; 37: 2893-2962https://doi.org/10.1093/eurheartj/ehw210
- National Heart Foundation of Australia and the Cardiac Society of Australia and new Zealand: Australian clinical guidelines for the diagnosis and Management of Atrial Fibrillation 2018.Heart Lung Circ. 2018; 27: 1209-1266https://doi.org/10.1016/j.hlc.2018.06.1043
- 2018 Korean guideline of atrial fibrillation management.Korean Circ J. 2018; 48: 1033-1080https://doi.org/10.4070/kcj.2018.0339
- Prevalence of atrial fibrillation and stroke risk assessment based on telemedicine screening tools in a primary healthcare setting.Eur J Intern Med. 2019; (Article in Press)https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ejim.2019.04.024
- Contemporary stroke prevention strategies in 11 096 European patients with atrial fibrillation: a report from the EURObservational research programme on atrial fibrillation (EORP-AF) long-term general registry.Europace. 2018; 20: 747-757https://doi.org/10.1093/europace/eux301
- Increased burden of comorbidities and risk of cardiovascular death in atrial fibrillation patients in Europe over ten years: a comparison between EORP-AF pilot and EHS-AF registries.Eur J Intern Med. 2018; 55: 28-34https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ejim.2018.05.016
- Changes to oral anticoagulant therapy and risk of death over a 3-year follow-up of a contemporary cohort of European patients with atrial fibrillation final report of the EURObservational research programme on atrial fibrillation (EORP-AF) pilot general r.Int J Cardiol. 2018; 271: 68-74https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijcard.2018.05.034
- Use of oral anticoagulant drugs in older patients with atrial fibrillation in internal medicine wards.Eur J Intern Med. 2018; 52: e12-e14https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ejim.2018.04.006
- Association between antithrombotic treatment and outcomes at 1-year follow-up in patients with atrial fibrillation: the EORP-AF general long-term registry.EP Eur. 2019; https://doi.org/10.1093/europace/euz032
- Atrial fibrillation: is there enough evidence to recommend opportunistic or systematic screening?.Int J Epidemiol. 2018; 47: 1361https://doi.org/10.1093/ije/dyy156
- A population screening programme for atrial fibrillation: a report from the Belgian heart rhythm week screening programme.Europace. 2016; 18: 1779-1786https://doi.org/10.1093/europace/euw069
- Cost-effectiveness and screening performance of ECG handheld machine in a population screening programme: the Belgian heart rhythm week screening programme.Eur J Prev Cardiol. 2019; 26: 964-972https://doi.org/10.1177/2047487319839184
- Screening for atrial fibrillation with electrocardiography: US preventive services task force recommendation statement.JAMA. 2018; 320: 478-484https://doi.org/10.1001/jama.2018.10321
☆Editorial commenting on the manuscript “de Moraes E, Cirenza C, Lopes RD, Carvalho A, Guimaraes P, Rodrigues A, et al. Prevalence of Atrial Fibrillation and Stroke Risk Assessment Based on Telemedicine Screening Tools in a Primary Healthcare Setting. Eur J Intern Med 2019: Article in Press”.