- •Nephrology transplant outpatients use on average ten medications
- •Medication transfer errors are found in 62% of nephology outpatients.
- •The number of medications in use is associated with the occurrence of errors.
- •71% of the medication transfer errors have the potential to cause harm.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to European Journal of Internal Medicine
- Frequency, type and clinical importance of medication history errors at admission to hospital: a systematic review.CMAJ. 2005; 173: 510-515
- Predictors for unintentional medication reconciliation discrepancies in preadmission medication: a systematic review.Eur J Clin Pharmacol. 2017; 73: 1355-1377
- Impact of electronic medication reconciliation interventions on medication discrepancies at hospital transitions: a systematic review and meta-analysis.BMC Med Inform Decis Mak. 2016; 16: 112
- Impact of admission medication reconciliation performed by clinical pharmacists on medication safety.Eur J Intern Med. 2014; 25: 808-814
- Cited 07 May. Available from)www.medicatieoverdracht.nl/Media/Default/richtlijn/Richtlijn_Overdracht_van_Medicatiegegevens-def-20080425.pdfDate: 2018 (
- An evaluation of medication reconciliation at an outpatient internal medicines clinic.Eur J Intern Med. 2017; 44: e32-e34
- Ambulatory medication reconciliation in dialysis patients: benefits and community Practitioners' Perspectives.Can J Hosp Pharm. 2017; 70 ([Epub 2017 Dec 21]): 443-449
- An evaluation of medication reconciliation in an outpatient nephrology clinic.CANNT J. 2017; 26: 29-33
- Results of the medications at transitions and clinical handoffs (MATCH) study: an analysis of medication reconciliation errors and risk factors at hospital admission.J Gen Intern Med. 2010; 25 ([Epub 2010 Feb 24]): 441-447https://doi.org/10.1007/s11606-010-1256-6
- Identifying discrepancies in electronic medical records through pharmacist medication reconciliation.J Am Pharm Assoc (2003). 2012; 52: 59-66https://doi.org/10.1331/JAPhA.2012.10123
National Coordinating Council for Medication Error Reporting and Prevention (NCCMERP). Types of Medication Errors. NCCMERP National Coordinating Council for Medication Error Reporting an Prevention, 20011996. 2001 http://www.nccmerp.org/types-medication-errors. Updated . .
- Pharmacy-led medication reconciliation programmes at hospital transitions: a systematic review and meta-analysis.J Clin Pharm Ther. 2016; 41: 128-144