- •Statins significantly decreased SPAP in COPD-PH.
- •Statins significantly improved 6MWD in COPD-PH.
- •Statins was beneficial in the management of COPD-associated PH.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to European Journal of Internal Medicine
- Global strategy for the diagnosis, management, and prevention of chronic obstructive lung disease 2017 report. gold executive summary.Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2017; 195: 557-582
- Updated clinical classification of pulmonary hypertension.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2013; 62: D34-D41
- Pulmonary hypertension in chronic lung disease and hypoxia.Eur Respir J. 2019; 53
- Severe pulmonary hypertension and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.Am J Respi Crit Care Med. 2005; 172: 189-194
- Prognostic factors in COPD patients receiving long-term oxygen therapy. Importance of pulmonary artery pressure.Chest. 1995; 107: 1193-1198
- Statin therapy in pulmonary hypertension.PVRI Rev. 2009; 1: 199-202
- Statin protects endothelial nitric oxide synthase activity in hypoxia-induced pulmonary hypertension..Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2005; 25: 2335-2342
- Pulmonary arterial hypertension and statins: an update.Curr Opin Cardiol. 2011; 26: 322-326
- Attenuation of monocrotaline-induced pulmonary arterial hypertension in rats by rosuvastatin.J Cardiovasc Pharmacol. 2012; 60: 219-226
- Atorvastatin prevents dehydromonocrotaline-induced pulmonary hypertension in beagles.Exp Lung Res. 2012; 38: 333-343
- Simvastatin attenuates pulmonary vascular remodelling by down-regulating matrix metalloproteinase-1 and -9 expression in a carotid artery-jugular vein shunt pulmonary hypertension model in rats.Eur J Cardio-Thorac Surg. 2012; 42: e121-e127
- The effects of statins on pulmonary artery pressure in patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease: a randomized controlled trial.J Res Pharm Pract. 2017; 6: 27-30
- Effects of pravastatin on functional capacity in patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and pulmonary hypertension.Clin Sci (Lond, Engl: 1979). 2009; 116: 497-505
- Preferred reporting items for systematic reviews and meta-analyses: the prisma statement.Ann Intern Med. 2009; 151 (W264): 264-269
- Incorporating variations in the quality of individual randomized trials into meta-analysis.J Clin Epidemiol. 1992; 45: 255-265
- A prospective, randomized study: evaluation of the effect of rosuvastatin in patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and pulmonary hypertension.Indian J Pharmacol. 2016; 48: 503-508
- Atorvastatin improves endothelial progenitor cell function and reduces pulmonary hypertension in patients with chronic pulmonary heart disease.Exp Clin Cardiol. 2013; 18: e40-e43
- Evaluation of the effects of atorvastatin on the treatment of secondary pulmonary hypertension due to chronic obstructive pulmonary diseases: a randomized controlled trial.Iran Red Crescent Med J. 2013; 15: 649-654
- Pulmonary hypertension in COPD: a case study and review of the literature.Medicina (Kaunas). 2019; 55
- Reliability of noninvasive assessment of systolic pulmonary artery pressure by doppler echocardiography compared to right heart catheterization: analysis in a large patient population.J Am Heart Assoc. 2014; 3
- Pleiotropic effects of statins.Annu Rev Pharmacol Toxicol. 2005; 45: 89-118
- Simvastatin rescues rats from fatal pulmonary hypertension by inducing apoptosis of neointimal smooth muscle cells.Circulation. 2003; 108: 1640-1645
- Pulmonary hypertension in copd.Eur Respir J. 2008; 32: 1371-1385
- Pulmonary hypertension in patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease: advances in pathophysiology and management.Drugs. 2009; 69: 1153-1171
- Pulmonary hypertension secondary to copd.Pulm Med. 2012; 2012203952
- Circulating haemopoietic and endothelial progenitor cells are decreased in copd.Eur Respir J. 2006; 27: 529-541
- Circulating hematopoietic progenitor cells are decreased in COPD.Copd. 2014; 11: 277-289
- Transplantation of autologous endothelial progenitor cells may be beneficial in patients with idiopathic pulmonary arterial hypertension: a pilot randomized controlled trial.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2007; 49: 1566-1571
- HMG-CoA reductase inhibitors reduce senescence and increase proliferation of endothelial progenitor cells via regulation of cell cycle regulatory genes.Circ Res. 2003; 92: 1049-1055
- The prisma statement for reporting systematic reviews and meta-analyses of studies that evaluate health care interventions: explanation and elaboration.Ann Intern Med. 2009; 151: W65-W94