- •The BLITZ-AF has a high 1-year mortality rate due to heart failure.
- •Thromboembolic and hemorrhagic events were few at 1 year follow-up.
- •Persistence on oral anticoagulant therapy at 1 year was high.
- •The increase in prescription of DOACs contributes to the persistence of treatment.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to European Journal of Internal Medicine
- ESC guidelines for the management of atrial fibrillation developed in collaboration with EACTS.Eur Heart J 2016. 2016; 37: 2893-2962
- Worldwide epidemiology of atrial fibrillation: a global burden of disease 2010 study.Circulation. 2014; 129: 837-847
- Atrial fibrillation and risks of cardiovascular disease, renal disease and death: systematic review and meta-analysis.BMJ. 2016; 354: i4482
- Dabigatran versus warfarin in patient with atrial fibrillation.N Eng J Med. 2009; 361: 1139-1151
- Rivaroxaban versus warfarin in nonvalvular atrial fibrillation.N Eng J Med. 2011; 365: 883-891
- Apixaban versus warfarin in patients with atrial fibrillation.N Eng J Med. 2011; 365: 981-992
- Edoxaban versus warfarin in patients with atrial fibrillation.N Eng J Med. 2013; 369: 2093-2104
- Management of atrial fibrillation in the emergency room and in the cardiology ward: the BLITZ-AF study.Europace. 2019; 21: 230-238
- The 2018 European heart rhythm association practical guide on the use of non-vitamin K oral anticoagulants in patients with atrial fibrillation: executive summary.Europace. 2018; 20: 1231-1242
- START investigators. clinical outcomes, pharmacologic treatment and quality of life of patients with stable coronary artery diseases managed by cardiologists: 1-Year results of the start study.Eur Heart J Qual Care Clin Outcomes. 2019; (Jan 14Epub ahead of print)https://doi.org/10.1093/ehjqcco/qcz002
- Epidemiology and one-year outcomes in patients with chronic heart failure and preserved, mid-range and reduced ejection fraction: an analysis of the ESC heart failure long-term registry.Eur J Heart Failure. 2017; 19: 1574-1585
- Prognosis and treatment of atrial fibrillation patients by European cardiologists: one year follow-up of the EURObservational research programme-atrial fibrillation general registry pilot phase (EORP-AF Pilot registry).Eur Heart J. 2014; 35: 3365-3376
- GARFIELD-AF investigators. two-year outcomes of patients with newly diagnosed atrial fibrillation: results from GARFIELD-AF.Eur Heart J. 2016; 37: 2882-2889
- Causes of death and influencing factors in patients with atrial fibrillation.Am J Med. 2016; 129: 1278-1287
- Asymptomatic atrial fibrillation: clinical correlation, management and outocomes in the EORP-AF pilot general registry.Am J Med. 2015; 128: 509-518
- The changing landscape for stroke prevention in AF. Findings from the GLORIA-AF registry phase 2.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2017; 69: 777-785
- European heart survey investigators. atrial fibrillation management: a prospective survey in ESC member countries: the Euro heart survey on atrial fibrillation.Eur Heart J. 2005; 26: 2422-2434
- Registries in atrial fibrillation: from trials to real-life clinical practice.Am J Med. 2017; 130: 135-145
- International trends in clinical characteristics and oral anticoagulation treatment for patients with atrial fibrillation: results from the GARFIELD-AF, ORBIT-AF I and ORBIT-AF II registries.Am Heart J. 2017; 194: 132-140