- •LAD is related with new incidental AF after ESUS.
- •LAD threshold of 40 mm has the best performance to predict incident AF after ESUS.
- •ESUS patients with LAD ≤ 40 mm may have lower priority for prolonged rhythm monitoring.
Background and purpose
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to European Journal of Internal Medicine
- Embolic stroke of undetermined source: a systematic review and clinical update.Stroke. 2017; 48: 867-872
- Embolic strokes of undetermined source: the case for a new clinical construct.Lancet Neurol. 2014; 13: 429-438
- Embolic strokes of undetermined source in the Athens stroke registry: a descriptive analysis.Stroke. 2015; 46: 176-181
- Embolic strokes of undetermined source in the athens stroke registry: an outcome analysis.Stroke. 2015; 46: 2087-2093
Ntaios G, Hart RG. Embolicstroke. Circulation. 2017;136:2403-5.
- A clinical score for predicting atrial fibrillation in patients with cryptogenic stroke or transient ischemic attack.Cardiology. 2017; 138: 133-140
- A simple score that predicts paroxysmal atrial fibrillation on outpatient cardiac monitoring after embolic stroke of unknown source.J Stroke Cerebrovasc Dis. 2018; 27: 1692-1696
- Outpatient cardiac telemetry detects a high rate of atrial fibrillation in cryptogenic stroke.J Neurol Sci. 2013; 324: 57-61
- Left atrial size and risk for all-cause mortality and ischemic stroke.CMAJ. 2011; 183: E657-E664
- Left atrial enlargement and stroke recurrence: the Northern Manhattan Stroke Study.Stroke. 2015; 46: 1488-1493
- Electrocardiographic and Echocardiographic predictors of paroxysmal atrial fibrillation detected after ischemic stroke.BMC Cardiovasc Disord. 2016; 16: 209
- The Acute STroke Registry and Analysis of Lausanne (ASTRAL): design and baseline analysis of an ischemic stroke registry including acute multimodal imaging.Stroke. 2010; 41: 2491-2498
- Association between obesity and mortality after acute first-ever stroke: the obesity-stroke paradox.Stroke. 2011; 42: 30-36
- Risk stratification for recurrence and mortality in embolic stroke of undetermined source.Stroke. 2016; 47: 2278-2285
- Carotid plaques and detection of atrial fibrillation in embolic stroke of undetermined source.Neurology. 2019; 92: e2644-e2e52
- Patients with ischemic stroke and incident atrial fibrillation: a nationwide cohort study.Stroke. 2015; 46: 2432-2437
- Prevalence and clinical significance of left atrial remodeling in competitive athletes.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2005; 46: 690-696
- Subclinical atrial fibrillation and the risk of stroke.N Engl J Med. 2012; 366: 120-129
- Duration of device-detected subclinical atrial fibrillation and occurrence of stroke in ASSERT.Eur Heart J. 2017;
- The relationship between daily atrial tachyarrhythmia burden from implantable device diagnostics and stroke risk: the TRENDS study.Circ Arrhythm Electrophysiol. 2009; 2: 474-480
- Probing oral anticoagulation in patients with atrial high rate episodes: Rationale and design of the Non-vitamin K antagonist Oral anticoagulants in patients with Atrial High rate episodes (NOAH-AFNET 6) trial.Am Heart J. 2017; 190: 12-18
- Rationale and design of the Apixaban for the Reduction of Thrombo-Embolism in patients with device-detected sub-clinical Atrial fibrillation (ARTESiA) trial.Am Heart J. 2017; 189: 137-145
- 2016 ESC Guidelines for the management of atrial fibrillation developed in collaboration with EACTS.Eur Heart J. 2016; 37: 2893-2962
- Prediction of early recurrent thromboembolic event and major bleeding in patients with acute stroke and atrial fibrillation by a risk stratification schema: the ALESSA score study.Stroke. 2017; 48: 726-732
Clinical trial registration: URL: https://www.clinicaltrials.gov/Unique identifier: NCT02766205.