- •Chronic hepatitis C may lead to hypergammaglobulinemia partly due to immune activation.
- •A rapid decrease of gamma globulins was seen after HCV eradication with antivirals.
- •HCV-RNA, ALT and fibrosis score levels were associated with gamma globulin decrease.
- •A role of HCV on B cells activation and gamma globulins production is hypothesized.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to European Journal of Internal Medicine
- Enhanced B-cell differentiation and reduced proliferative capacity in chronic hepatitis C and chronic hepatitis B virus infections.J Hepatol. 2011; 55: 53-60https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jhep.2010.10.016
- B cell homeostasis in chronic hepatitis C virus-related mixed cryoglobulinemia is maintained through naıve B cell apoptosis.Hepatology. 2012; 56: 1602-1610https://doi.org/10.1002/hep.25821
- Enhanced activation of memory, but not naıve, B cells in chronic hepatitis C virus-infected patients with cryoglobulinemia and advanced liver fibrosis.PLoS One. 2013; 8: e68308https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0068308
- Emergence of exhausted B cells in asymptomatic HIV-1-infected patients naive for HAART is related to reduced immune surveillance.Clin Dev Immunol. 2012; 2012829584https://doi.org/10.1155/2012/829584
- Effect of combination antiretroviral treatment on total protein and calculated globulin levels among HIV-infected patients.Int J Infect Dis. 2010; 14: e41-e44https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijid.2009.10.007
- Skewed B cells in chronic hepatitis C virus infection maintain their ability to respond to virus-induced activation.J Viral Hepat. 2015; 22: 391-398https://doi.org/10.1111/jvh.12336
- Activation of naıve B lymphocytes via CD81, a pathogenetic mechanism for hepatitis C virus associated B lymphocyte disorders.Proc Natl Acad Sci USA. 2005; 102: 18544-18549https://doi.org/10.1073/pnas.0509402102
- The B-cell receptor of a hepatitis C virus (HCV)-associated non-Hodgkin lymphoma binds the viral E2 envelope protein, implicating HCV in lymphomagenesis.Blood. 2001; 98: 3745-3749https://doi.org/10.1182/blood.v98.13.3745
- Polyclonal and monoclonal B lymphocytes response in HCV-infected patients treated with direct-acting antiviral agents.J Viral Hepat. 2017; 24: 1168-1176https://doi.org/10.1111/jvh.12746
- The expression of TLR-9, CD86, and CD95 phenotypes in circulating B cells of patients with chronic viral hepatitis B or C before and after antiviral therapy.Mediators Inflamm. 2015; 2015762709https://doi.org/10.1155/2015/762709
- Increased serum immunoglobulin G1 levels in hepatitis C virus infection.Hepatology. 1995; 21: 1755-1757
- Extrahepatic manifestations of hepatitis C infection.Am J Med Sci. 2003; 325: 135-148https://doi.org/10.1097/00000441-200303000-00006
- Hepatitis C-associated B-cell non Hodgkin lymphomas. Epidemiology, molecular signature and clinical management.J Hepatol. 2013; 59: 169-177https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jhep.2013.03.018
- Effect of hepatitis C virus infection on the risk of non-Hodgkin's lymphoma: a meta-analysis of epidemiological studies.Cancer Sci. 2004; 95: 745‐52https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1349-7006.2004.tb03256.x
- Hepatitis C virus and non-Hodgkin's lymphomas: meta-analysis of epidemiology data and therapy options.World J Hepatol. 2016; 18: 107-116https://doi.org/10.4254/wjh.v8.i2.107
- Hepatitis C virus (HCV) in lymphocyte subsets and in B lymphocytes expressing rheumatoid factor cross-reacting idiotype in type II mixed cryoglobulinaemia.Clin Exp Immunol. 2000; 122: 400-403https://doi.org/10.1046/j.1365-2249.2000.01396.x
- The injured liver induces hyperimmunoglobulinemia by failing to dispose of antigens and endotoxins in the portal system.PLoS One. 2015; 10e0122739https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0122739
- Bacterial translocation markers in liver cirrhosis.Ann Gastroenterol. 2017; 30: 486-497https://doi.org/10.20524/aog.2017.0178
- Serum immunoglobulins in patients with chronic hepatitis C: a surrogate marker of disease severity and treatment outcome.Hepatogastroenterology. 2007; 54: 493-498
- Effect of long-term highly active antiretroviral therapy in restoring HIV-induced abnormal B lymphocyte function.J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr. 2002; 31: 472-477https://doi.org/10.1097/00126334-200212150-00003
- The effect of combination antiretroviral therapy on CD5 B-cells, B-cell activation and hypergammaglobulinaemia in HIV-1-infected patients.HIV Med. 2005; 6: 307-312https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1468-1293.2005.00312.x