- •The prevalence of older patients with acquired TTP is increasing.
- •There is scarce information on acquired TTP in the elderly.
- •Older TTP patients had a higher prevalence of multimorbidity and polypharmacy.
- •A careful comprehensive geriatric assessment of older TTP patients is necessary.
Abbreviations:TTP (thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura), IQR (interquartile range), CI (confidence interval)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to European Journal of Internal Medicine
- Cognitive deficits after recovery from thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura.Transfusion. 2009; 49: 1092-1101
- Support groups for patients who have recovered from thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura.J Clin Apher. 2008; 23: 168-169
Riva S., Mancini I., Maino A. et al. Long-term neuropsychological sequelae, emotional wellbeing and quality of life in patients with acquired thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura. Haematologica. 2019Sep 26. pii: haematol.2019.226423. doi: 10.3324/haematol.2019.226423. [Epub ahead of print].
- Multiple major morbidities and increased mortality during long-term follow-up after recovery from thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura.Blood. 2013; 122: 2023-2029
- Evidence of persistent neurologic injury following thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura.Am J Hematol. 2011; 86: 87-89
- Depression and cognitive deficits as long-term consequences of thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura.Transfusion. 2017; 57: 1152-1162
- Severe ADAMTS13 deficiency in adult idiopathic thrombotic microangiopathies defines a subset of patients characterized by various autoimmune manifestations, lower platelet count, and mild renal involvement.Medicine (Baltimore). 2004; 83: 233-244
- Autoimmune disorders in patients with idiopathic thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura.Hamostaseologie. 2012; 32: S86-S89
- Long-term, sub-clinical cardiac and renal complications in patients with multiple relapses of thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura.Br J Haematol. 2010; 149: 623-625
- Acute myocardial infarction in thrombotic microangiopathies–clinical characteristics, risk factors and outcome.Nephrol Dial Transplant. 2006; 21: 1549-1554
- Clinical cardiac involvement in thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura: a systematic review.Transfusion. 2008; 48: 382-392
Prevel R., Roubaud-Roubaud C., Gourlain S. et al. Prognostic and long-term survival of immune thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura in older patients. Blood. 2019Sep 17. pii: blood.2019000748. doi: 10.1182/blood.2019000748. [Epub ahead of print].
- Clinical and laboratory features of patients with acquired thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura: fourteen years of the Milan TTP Registry.Thromb Haemost. 2019; 119: 695-704
- Identification of genetic risk variants for deep vein thrombosis by multiplexed next-generation sequencing of 186 hemostatic/pro-inflammatory genes.BMC Med Genomics. 2012; 5: 7
- Medication patterns in older adults with multimorbidity: a cluster analysis of primary care patients.BMC Fam Pract. 2019; 20: 82
- Patterns of multimorbidity associated with 30-day readmission: a multinational study.BMC Public Health. 2019; 19: 738
- What is polypharmacy? a systematic review of definitions.BMC Geriatr. 2017; 17: 230
- Prevalence of diabetes and depressive symptomatology and their effect on mortality risk in elderly italians: the italian longitudinal study on aging.Diabetes Metab. 2014; 40: 373-378
- Multimorbidity prevalence in the general population: the role of obesity in chronic disease clustering.BMC Public Health. 2013; 13: 1161
- Aging with multimorbidity: a systematic review of the literature.Ageing Res Rev. 2011; 10: 430-439
- Factors associated with polypharmacy in primary care: a cross-sectional analysis of data from the english longitudinal study of ageing (ELSA).BMJ Open. 2018; 8e020270
- Heart disease and stroke statistics-2017 update: a report from the american heart association.Circulation. 2017; 135: e146-e603
- Cardio-cerebrovascular complications in elderly with diabetes.Arch Gerontol Geriatr. 2007; 44: 261-269
A complete list of the members of the Italian Group of TTP Investigators appears in the “Study Group Members” in the Supplementary file.