- •Almost all NSTEMI patients were admitted to the ICU as it was a hospital routine.
- •Complications requiring ICU care were infrequent.
- •Most of the study population had a low ACTION ICU risk score.
- •The ACTION risk score had low accuracy in the prediction of these complications.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to European Journal of Internal Medicine
- Who belongs in the cardiac intensive care unit.JAMA Cardiol. 2017; 2: 45-46
- Hospital variation in admission to intensive care units for patients with acute myocardial infarction.Am Heart J. 2015; 170: 1161-1169
- Do stable non-ST-segment elevation acute coronary syndromes require admission to coronary care units?.Am Heart J. 2016; 175: 184-192
- Intensive care unit utilization and mortality among medicare patients hospitalized with non-ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction.JAMA Cardiol. 2017; 2: 36-44
- Risk score to predict need for intensive care in initially hemodynamically stable adults with non-ST-segment-elevation myocardial infarction.J Am Heart Assoc. 2018; 7
- A call to ACTION (acute coronary treatment and intervention outcomes network): a national effort to promote timely clinical feedback and support continuous quality improvement for acute myocardial infarction.Circ Cardiovasc Qual Outcomes. 2009; 2: 491-499
- The NCDR ACTION Registry-GWTG: transforming contemporary acute myocardial infarction clinical care.Heart. 2010; 96: 1798-1802
- Improvement in quality indicators using NCDR(R) registries: First international experience.Int J Cardiol. 2018; 267: 13-15
- Demographics, care patterns, and outcomes of patients admitted to cardiac intensive care units: the Critical Care Cardiology Trials Network Prospective North American Multicenter Registry of cardiac critical illness.JAMA Cardiol. 2019; ([Epub ahead of print])https://doi.org/10.1001/jamacardio.2019.2467
- The high cost of critical care unit over-utilization for patients with NSTE ACS.Am Heart J. 2018; 202: 84-88