- •Numerous vasoconstrictors stimulate RhoA in local populations of vascular SMCs.
- •The VAV3 gene encodes for VAV3 protein, a rho GEF factor.
- •VAV3-AS1 gene, a lncRNA, regulates VAV3 expression.
- •T allele of the VAV3 rs7528153 polymorphisms is associated with an increased risk of elevated BP values.
- •G allele of the VAV3-AS1 rs11185222 polymorphisms is associated with an increased risk of elevated BP values.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to European Journal of Internal Medicine
- A comparative risk assessment of burden of disease and injury attributable to 67 risk factors and risk factor clusters in 21 regions, 1990-2010: a systematic analysis for the Global Burden of Disease Study.Lancet. 2010; 380 (2012): 2224-2260
- Global burden of hypertension: analysis of worldwide data.Lancet. 2005; 365: 217-223
- Prevalence, diagnosis, treatment, and control of hypertension in Spain. Results of the [email protected] study.Rev Esp Cardiol (Engl ed). 2016; 69: 572-578
- Molecular mechanisms of human hypertension.Cell. 2001; 104: 545-556
- VAV3 proto-oncogene deficiency leads to sympathetic hyperactivity and cardiovascular dysfunction.Nat Med. 2006; 12: 841-845
- Association of VAV2 and VAV3 polymorphisms with cardiovascular risk factors.Sci Rep. 2017; ([cited 2017 Nov 13];7. Available from)
- Relationship between target organ damage and blood pressure, retinal vessel calibre, oxidative stress and polymorphisms in VAV-2 and VAV-3 genes in patients with hypertension: a case-control study protocol (LOD-Hipertension).BMJ Open. 2014; 4e005112
- Getting to the heart of the matter: long non-coding RNAs in cardiac development and disease.EMBO J. 2013; 32: 1805-1816
- Long noncoding RNA variations in cardiometabolic diseases.J Hum Genet. 2017; 62: 97-104https://doi.org/10.1038/jhg.2016.70
- Long noncoding RNAs in kidney and cardiovascular diseases.Nat Rev Nephrol. 2016; 12: 360-373
- Prospective and therapeutic screening value of non-coding RNA as biomarkers in cardiovascular disease.Ann Transl Med. 2016; 4: 236
- Identification of a novel non-coding RNA, MIAT, that confers risk of myocardial infarction.J Hum Genet. 2006; 51: 1087-1099
- Circulating long noncoding RNA, LIPCAR, predicts survival in patients with heart failure.Circ Res. 2014; 114: 1569-1575
- Long noncoding RNAs in patients with acute myocardial infarctionnovelty and significance.Circ Res. 2014 12; 115: 668-677
- Expression of linear and novel circular forms of an INK4/ARF-associated non-coding RNA correlates with atherosclerosis risk.PLoS Genet. 2010; 6e1001233
- Associations between the CDKN2A/B, ADTRP and PDGFD polymorphisms and the development of coronary atherosclerosis in Japanese patients.J Atheroscler Thromb. 2014; 21: 680-690
- Regulation of apoptosis by long non-coding RNA HIF1A-AS1 in VSMCs: implications for TAA pathogenesis.Int J Clin Exp Pathol. 2014; 7: 7643-7652
- Plasma long non-coding RNA, CoroMarker, a novel biomarker for diagnosis of coronary artery disease.Clin Sci. 2015; 129: 675-685
- Prevalence of coronary heart disease associated with HFE mutations in adults attending a health appraisal center.Am J Med. 2002; 113: 472-479
- Targeted SNP genotyping using the TaqMan® assay.Methods Mol Biol. 2011; 700: 77-87
- Classification and regression trees.1st editor. Wadsworth International Group, Belmont, California1984
- Regulatory and signaling properties of the Vav family.Mol Cell Biol. 2000; 20: 1461-1477
- Vav proteins, masters of the world of cytoskeleton organization.Cell Signal. 2004; 16: 1-11
- Rho GTPases: biochemistry and biology.Ann Rev Cell Dev Biol. 2005; 21: 247-269
- Targeting Rho and Rho-kinase in the treatment of cardiovascular disease.Trends Pharmacol Sci. 2006; 27: 97-104
- Hypertension and RhoA/Rho-kinase signaling in the vasculature: highlights from the recent literature.Hypertension. 2004; 44: 796-799