- •The relationship between baseline levels of SUA and cardiovascular diseases is not fully elucidated.
- •The levels of SUA were significantly higher in male compared to women, in the elderly (>75 years old), in patients with diabetes, with hypertension, with CKD, with NSTE-ACS, with AKIN during hospitalization and in patients who died.
- •The rates of AKIN, implantation of IABP and NIV use were significantly higher in patients in high levels of SUA.
- •High admission levels of SUA are positively and independently associated with in-hospital adverse outcomes and mortality.
- •The inclusion of SUA to GRACE risk score seems to lead to a more accurate prediction of in-hospital mortality.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to European Journal of Internal Medicine
- Hyperuricaemia and vascular risk: the debate continues.Curr Opin Cardiol. 2019; 34: 399-405
- Hyperuricemia and risk of cardiovascular outcomes: the experience of the URRAH (uric acid right for heart health) project.High Blood Press Cardiovasc Prev. 2020; 27: 121-128
- Uric acid is a risk factor for myocardial infarction and stroke: the Rotterdam study.Stroke. 2006; 37: 1503-1507
- Hyperuricemia and cardiovascular disease.Rev Cardiovasc Med. 2017; 18: 134-145
- Prognostic value of uric acid in patients with acute coronary syndromes.Am J Cardiol. 2012; 109: 1260-1265
- Prognostic value of uric acid in patients with ST-elevated myocardial infarction undergoing primary coronary intervention.Am J Cardiol. 2012; 109: 486-491
- Relation of serum uric acid to cardiovascular disease.Int J Cardiol. 2016; 213: 4-7
- ESC/EACTS Guidelines on myocardial revascularization.Eur Heart J. 2018; 40 (2019): 87-165
- Updated electrocardiographic classification of acute coronary syndromes.Curr Cardiol Rev. 2014; 10 (229–3)
- Novel Filtration Markers for GFR Estimation.EJIFCC. 2017; 28 (277–28)
- Acute kidney injury.Ann Intern Med. 2017; 167
- The prognostic value of bleeding academic research consortium (BARC)-defined bleeding complications in ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction: a comparison with the TIMI (Thrombolysis In Myocardial Infarction), GUSTO (Global Utilization of Streptokinase and Tissue Plasminogen Activator for Occluded Coronary Arteries), and ISTH (International Society on Thrombosis and Haemostasis) bleeding classifications.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2014; 63: 1866-1875
- Comparing the areas under two or more correlated receiver operating characteristic curves: a nonparametric approach.Biometrics. 1988; 44 (837–4)
- Net reclassification index at event rate: properties and relationships.Stat Med. 2017; 36 (4455–446)
- Serum uric acid on admission predicts in-hospital mortality in patients with acute coronary syndrome.Int J Cardiol. 2017; 240: 25-29
- Uric acid is associated with long-term adverse cardiovascular outcomes in patients with acute coronary syndrome undergoing percutaneous coronary intervention.Atherosclerosis. 2018; 270 (173–17)
- Hyperuricemia as a prognostic factor after acute coronary syndrome.Atherosclerosis. 2018; 269: 229-235
- Gender differences in the association between serum uric acid and prognosis in patients with acute coronary syndrome.J Cardiol. 2016; 67: 170-176
- Association between hyperuricemia and clinical adverse outcomes after percutaneous coronary intervention: a meta-analysis.Int J Cardiol. 2015; 201 (658–6)
- Uric acid in the early risk stratification of ST-elevation myocardial infarction.Intern Emerg Med. 2012; 7: 33-39
- Hyperuricemia: a novel old disorder-relationship and potential mechanisms in heart failure.Heart Fail Rev. 2020; 25: 43-51
- Association between hyperuricemia and incident heart failure among older adults: a propensity-matched study.Int J Cardiol. 2010; 142: 279-287
- Hyperuricaemia and long-term outcome after hospital discharge in acute heart failure patients.Eur J Heart Fail. 2007; 9: 518-524
- Prognostic significance of hyperuricemia in patients with acute heart failure.Am J Cardiol. 2016; 117: 1616-1621
- Serum uric acid levels correlate with filling pressures in systolic heart failure.Congest Heart Fail. 2011; 17: 80-84
- Asymptomatic hyperuricemia without comorbidities predicts cardiometabolic diseases: five-year japanese cohort study.Hypertension. 2017; 69: 1036-1044
- The case for uric acid-lowering treatment in patients with hyperuricaemia and CKD.Nat Rev Nephrol. 2019; 15: 767-775
- Uric acid and coronary artery disease: an elusive link deserving further attention.Int J Cardiol. 2016; 213 (28–3)
- Assessing the incremental predictive performance of novel biomarkers over standard predictors.Stat Med. 2014; 33: 2577-2578
- Serum uric acid: a forgotten prognostic marker in acute coronary syndromes?.Eur Heart J Acute Cardiovasc Care. 2013; 2: 44-52
- Uric acid: a cardiovascular risk factor in patients with recent myocardial infarction.Int J Cardiol. 2013; 167: 262-269