- •CKD-EPI is accurate formula to estimate glomerular filtration rate in SSc patients.
- •Renal resistive index is a marker of vascular damage in SSc patients.
- •eGFR is a predictive marker of mortality for SSc and all causes.
- •RRI is a predictive marker of mortality for all causes.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to European Journal of Internal Medicine
- Renal manifestations in scleroderma: evidence for subclinical renal disease as a marker of vasculopathy.Int J Rheumatol. 2010; 2010538589https://doi.org/10.1155/2010/538589
- Correlation of Glomerular Filtration Rate Between Renal Scan and Estimation Equation for Patients With Scleroderma.Am J Med Sci. 2016; 352: 166-171https://doi.org/10.1016/j.amjms.2016.04.017
- Renal vascular histology and morphometry in systemic sclerosis. A case-control autopsy study.Arthritis Rheum. 1988; 31: 393-400https://doi.org/10.1002/art.1780310311
- Evaluation of Chronic Kidney Disease Epidemiology Collaboration equation to estimate glomerular filtration rate in scleroderma patients.Rheumatology (Oxford). 2012; 51: 1426-1431https://doi.org/10.1093/rheumatology/kes049
- Increased intrarenal arterial stiffness may predict the occurrence of new digital ulcers in systemic sclerosis.Arthritis Care Res (Hoboken). 2014; 66: 1380-1385https://doi.org/10.1002/acr.22309
- 2013 classification criteria for systemic sclerosis: an American college of rheumatology/European league against rheumatism collaborative initiative.Ann Rheum Dis. 2013; 72: 1747-1755https://doi.org/10.1136/annrheumdis-2013-204424
- CKD-EPI (Chronic Kidney Disease Epidemiology Collaboration). A new equation to estimate glomerular filtration rate.Ann Intern Med. 2009; 150: 604-612https://doi.org/10.7326/0003-4819-150-9-200905050-00006
- Scleroderma (systemic sclerosis): classification, subsets and pathogenesis.J Rheumatol. 1988; 15: 202-205
- The modified Rodnan skin score is an accurate reflection of skin biopsy thickness in systemic sclerosis.J Rheumatol. 1998; 25: 84-88
- The European Scleroderma Trials and Research group (EUSTAR) task force for the development of revised activity criteria for systemic sclerosis: derivation and validation of a preliminarily revised EUSTAR activity index.Ann Rheum Dis. 2017; 76: 270-276https://doi.org/10.1136/annrheumdis-2016-209768
- Calculated glomerular filtration rate is a useful screening tool to identify scleroderma patients with renal impairment.Rheumatology (Oxford). 2003; 42: 26-33https://doi.org/10.1093/rheumatology/keg023
- The Renal Resistive Index in systemic sclerosis: Determinants, prognostic implication and proposal for specific age-adjusted cut-offs.Eur J Intern Med. 2019; 70: 43-49https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ejim.2019.09.001
- Estimating the prevalence of renal insufficiency in seniors requiring long-term care.Kidney Int. 2004; 65: 649-653https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1523-1755.2004.00412.x
- Intrarenal hemodynamic parameters correlate with glomerular filtration rate and digital microvascular damage in patients with systemic sclerosis.Semin Arthritis Rheum. 2012; 41: 815-821https://doi.org/10.1016/j.semarthrit.2011.11.005
- Prognostic Factors of Renal Involvement in Systemic Sclerosis.Kidney Blood Press Res. 2018; 43: 682-689https://doi.org/10.1159/000489740
- Renal disease in systemic sclerosis with normal serum creatinine.Clin Rheumatol. 2010; 29: 729-737https://doi.org/10.1007/s10067-010-1389-3
- Prevalence of renal involvement in Indian patients with systemic sclerosis.Indian J Med Sci. 2007; 61: 91-96https://doi.org/10.4103/0019-5359.30349
- Sequential development of pulmonary renal syndrome associated with c-ANCA 3 years after development of anti-GBM glomerulonephritis.Nephrol Dial Transplant. 2007; 22: 926-929https://doi.org/10.1093/ndt/gfl751
- Severe organ involvement in systemic sclerosis with diffuse scleroderma.Arthritis Rheum. 2000; 43 (PMID: 11083266): 2437-2444https://doi.org/10.1002/1529-0131(200011)43:11<2437::AID-ANR10>3.0.CO;2-U
- Denton CP et al EUSTAR co-authors. Prediction of worsening of skin fibrosis in patients with diffuse cutaneous systemic sclerosis using the EUSTAR database.Ann Rheum Dis. 2015; 74: 1124-1131https://doi.org/10.1136/annrheumdis-2014-205226
- Patterns and predictors of skin score change in early diffuse systemic sclerosis from the European Scleroderma Observational Study.Ann Rheum Dis. 2018; 77: 563-570https://doi.org/10.1136/annrheumdis-2017-211912
- Progressive skin fibrosis is associated with a decline in lung function and worse survival in patients with diffuse cutaneous systemic sclerosis in the European Scleroderma Trials and Research (EUSTAR) cohort.Ann Rheum Dis. 2019; 78: 648-656https://doi.org/10.1136/annrheumdis-2018-213455
- Correlation between intrarenal arterial stiffness and exercise tolerance in systemic sclerosis patients without renal and cardiopulmonary impairment: The role of the microvascular damage.Int J Cardiol. 2015; 185: 122-124https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijcard.2015.03.089
- Reduced ventilatory efficiency during exercise predicts major vascular complications and mortality for interstitial lung disease in systemic sclerosis.Clin Exp Rheumatol. 2020; 38: 85-91
- Exercise tolerance in systemic sclerosis patients without pulmonary impairment: correlation with clinical variables.Clin Exp Rheumatol. 2014; 32 (S-103-8)
- Late Gadolinium Enhancement in Cardiac Magnetic Resonance Imaging Is Associated with High Renal Resistive Index in Patients with Systemic Sclerosis.Kidney Blood Press Res. 2020; 45: 350-356https://doi.org/10.1159/000505659
- Renal functional reserve is impaired in patients with systemic sclerosis without clinical signs of kidney involvement.Ann Rheum Dis. 2002; 61: 682-686https://doi.org/10.1136/ard.61.8.682
- Mortality in systemic sclerosis: an international meta-analysis of individual patient data.Am J Med. 2005; 118: 2-10https://doi.org/10.1016/j.amjmed.2004.04.031
- Clinical subsets, skin thickness progression rate, and serum antibody levels in systemic sclerosis patients with anti-topoisomerase I antibody.Arthritis Rheum. 2007; 56: 2740-2746https://doi.org/10.1002/art.22747
- Causes and risk factors for death in systemic sclerosis: a study from the EULAR Scleroderma Trials and Research (EUSTAR) database.Ann Rheum Dis. 2010; 69: 1809-1815https://doi.org/10.1136/ard.2009.114264
- Reliability and minimal clinically important differences of forced vital capacity: Results from the Scleroderma Lung Studies (SLS-I and SLS-II).Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2018; 197: 644-652https://doi.org/10.1164/rccm.201709-1845OC
- Renal Parenchymal Thickness in Patients with Systemic Sclerosis Is Related to Intrarenal Hemodynamic Variables and Raynaud Renal Phenomenon.J Rheumatol. 2020; 47: 567-571https://doi.org/10.3899/jrheum.190165
- Renal resistive index: Beyond the hemodynamics.J Clin Hypertens (Greenwich). 2020; 22: 1288-1289https://doi.org/10.1111/jch.13920