- •Non-specific presentations represent 17.4% of presentations.
- •No difference was seen in mortality between specific and non-specific presentations.
- •No difference was seen in length of stay for specific and non-specific presentations.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to European Journal of Internal Medicine
- Non-specific complaints at emergency department presentation result in unclear diagnoses and lengthened hospitalization: a prospective observational study.Scand J Trauma Resusc Emerg Med. 2018; 26: 60
- Patients presenting to the emergency department with non-specific complaints: the Basel Non-specific Complaints (BANC) study.Acad Emerg Med. 2010; 17: 284-292
Kemp K., Mertanen R., Lääperi M., Niemi-Murola L., Lehtonen L., Castren M. Nonspecific complaints in the emergency department – a systematic review.
- Higher ln-Hospital Mortality in Patients with Nonspecific Complaints Presenting to the Emergency Department.Acute Med. 2019; 18: 232-238
- Impact of an acute medical admission unit on hospital mortality: a 5-year prospective study.Qjm. 2008; 101: 457-465
- Outcomes in acute medicine - Evidence from extended observations on readmissions, hospital length of stay and mortality outcomes.Eur J Intern Med. 2019; 66: 69-74
- Does admission via an acute medical unit influence hospital mortality? 12 years’ experience in a large Dublin hospital.Acute Med. 2014; 13: 152-158
- Fifteen-year outcomes of an acute medical admission unit.Ir J Med Sci. 2018; 187: 1097-1105
- Long-term outcome of an AMAU–a decade's experience.QJM. 2014; 107: 43-49
- A critical evaluation of HIPE data.Ir Med J. 2012; 105: 21-23
- An improved medical admissions risk system using multivariable fractional polynomial logistic regression modelling.Quarterly Journal of Medicine. 2010; 103: 23-32
- High-sensitivity troponin as an outcome predictor in acute medical admissions.Postgrad Med J. 2014; : 1-7
- Blood cultures in emergency medical admissions: a key patient cohort.Eur J Emerg Med. 2014;
- Disabling disease codes predict worse outcomes for acute medical admissions.Intern Med J. 2014; 44: 546-553
- Comparative influence of Acute Illness Severity and Comorbidity on mortality.Eur. J. Intern. Med. 2020; 72: 42-46
- Application of database systems in diabetes care.Med Inform (Lond). 1996; 21: 259-271
- High-sensitivity troponin as an outcome predictor in acute medical admissions.Postgrad Med J. 2014; 90: 311-316
- Using the MDRD value as an outcome predictor in emergency medical admissions.Nephrology, dialysis, transplantation: official publication of the European Dialysis and Transplant Association - European Renal Association. 2011; 26: 3155-3159
- Emergency readmissions are substantially determined by acute illness severity and chronic debilitating illness: a single centre cohort study.Eur J Intern Med. 2015; 26: 12-17
- Deprivation as an outcome determinant in emergency medical admissions.QJM. 2013; 106: 245-251
- Comparative influence of Acute Illness Severity and comorbidity on mortality.Eur J Intern Med. 2020; 72: 42-46
- Microeconometrics using stata.Stata Press, College Station, TX2009
- A new method of classifying prognostic comorbidity in longitudinal studies: development and validation.J Chronic Dis. 1987; 40: 373-383
- Elderly patients with an atypical presentation of illness in the emergency department.Neth J Med. 2017; 75: 241-246
- Pitfalls in the emergency department triage of frail elderly patients without specific complaints.Swiss Med Wkly. 2005; 135: 145-150
- Pattern of Investigation Reflects Risk Profile in Emergency Medical Admissions.J Clin Med. 2015; 4: 1113-1125