- •Rheumatoid arthritis is a multi-factorial disease with a certain genetic risk.
- •Most genetic risks are determined by the HLA-DRB1 gene, Non-HLA genes may be related to RA susceptibility and regulate disease risk.
- •TGF gene polymorphism may be associated with RA susceptibility.
- •Transforming growth factor genotype may determine the severity of bone damage and predict the progression of rheumatoid arthritis.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to European Journal of Internal Medicine
- Diagnosis and management of rheumatoid arthritis: a review.JAMA. 2018; 320: 1360-1372
- Lancet. 2016; 388 (Rheumatoid arthritis): 2023-2038
- Sudol-Szopinska I: cartilage and bone damage in rheumatoid arthritis.Reumatologia. 2018; 56: 111-120
- Polymorphism of IL37 gene as a protective factor for autoimmune thyroid disease.J Mol Endocrinol. 2015; 55: 209-218
- STAT4 gene polymorphism in two major autoimmune diseases (multiple sclerosis and juvenile onset systemic lupus erythematosus) and its relation to disease severity.Egypt J Neurol Psychiatr Neurosurg. 2018; 54: 16
- The genetics of rheumatoid arthritis.Rheumatology. 2020; 59 (Oxford): 2661-2670
- PTPN22 gene polymorphism and susceptibility to rheumatoid arthritis (RA): updated systematic review and meta-analysis.J Gene Med. 2020; 22: e3204
- Association between the CTLA-4, CD226, FAS polymorphisms and rheumatoid arthritis susceptibility: a meta-analysis.Hum Immunol. 2015; 76: 83-89
- TGF-beta and the TGF-beta family: context-dependent roles in cell and tissue physiology.Cold Spring Harb Perspect Biol. 2016; 8
- TGF-beta signal transduction.Annu Rev Biochem. 1998; 67: 753-791
- Regulation of the immune response by TGF-beta: from conception to autoimmunity and infection.Cold Spring Harb Perspect Biol. 2017; 9
- Role of NK cells and TGF-beta in the regulation of T-cell-dependent antibody production in health and autoimmune disease.Microbes Infect. 1999; 1: 1305-1311
- Immunosuppressive exosomes from TGF-beta1 gene-modified dendritic cells attenuate Th17-mediated inflammatory autoimmune disease by inducing regulatory T cells.Cell Res. 2012; 22: 607-610
- Aberrant activation of TGF-beta in subchondral bone at the onset of rheumatoid arthritis joint destruction.J Bone Miner Res. 2015; 30: 2033-2043
- Transforming growth factor beta 869C/T and interleukin 6 -174G/C polymorphisms relate to the severity and progression of bone-erosive damage detected by ultrasound in rheumatoid arthritis.Arthritis Res Ther. 2011; 13: R111
- The association between TGF-beta1 G915C (Arg25Pro) polymorphism and the development of primary open angle glaucoma: a case-control study.Med Hypothesis Discov Innov Ophthalmol. 2018; 7: 25-31
- Association between TGF-beta1 rs1982073/rs1800469 polymorphism and lung cancer susceptibility: an updated meta-analysis involving 7698 cases and controls.Medicine. 2019; 98 (Baltimore): e18028
- Critical evaluation of the Newcastle-Ottawa scale for the assessment of the quality of nonrandomized studies in meta-analyses.Eur J Epidemiol. 2010; 25: 603-605
- Performance of the nonparametric trim and fill method in Stata.J Evidence-Based Med. 2009; 9: 240-242
- Transforming growth factor beta1 gene polymorphism in rheumatoid arthritis.Ann Rheum Dis. 2002; 61: 826-828
- Transforming growth factor beta 1 gene (HSTGFB1) nucleotide T869C (codon 10) polymorphism is not associated with prevalence or severity of rheumatoid arthritis in a Caucasian population.Ann Rheum Dis. 2003; 62: 907-908
- TGF-beta1 polymorphism determines the progression of joint damage in rheumatoid arthritis.Scand J Rheumatol. 2004; 33: 389-394
- Correlation of transforming growth factor-b1 T869C polymorphism and rheumatoid arthritis in Chinese population.Jiangsu Med J. 2006; : 1112-1114
- Gene polymorphisms of transforming growth factor-b1 with rheumatoid arthritis.Chin J Public Health. 2007; : 1405-1406
- Association of transforming growth factor beta1 gene polymorphism with rheumatoid arthritis in a Turkish population.Joint Bone Spine. 2009; 76: 20-23
- Transforming growth factor-beta1 869T/C, but not interleukin-6 -174G/C, polymorphism associates with hypertension in rheumatoid arthritis.Rheumatology (Oxford). 2009; 48: 113-118
- Cytokine gene polymorphisms associated with rheumatoid arthritis and periodontitis in Japanese adults.J Periodontol. 2009; 80: 792-799
- To Investigate Reletionship of the Polymorphisms Patients with Rheumatoid Artllritis. Thesis for the Degree of Master.Zhengzhou University, Zhengzhou2011
- Interaction between TGF-beta1 (869C/T) polymorphism and biochemical risk factor for prediction of disease progression in rheumatoid arthritis.Gene. 2014; 536: 393-397
- Genetic case-control study for eight polymorphisms associated with rheumatoid arthritis.PLoS One. 2015; 10e0131960
- Methylene tetrahydrofolate reductase, transforming growth factor-beta1 and lymphotoxin-alpha genes polymorphisms and susceptibility to rheumatoid arthritis.Rev Bras Reumatol Engl Ed. 2016; 56: 414-420
- Correlations between the polymorphism of +869T/C in TGF-beta1 and rheumatoid arthritis.J Musculoskelet Neuronal Interact. 2019; 19: 127-132
- TGF-beta1 +869C/T polymorphism increases susceptibility to rheumatoid arthritis in North Indian population.Clin Rheumatol. 2020; 39: 2881-2888
- Genetic and environmental risk factors for rheumatoid arthritis.Best Pract Res Clin Rheumatol. 2017; 31: 3-18
- Current understanding of an emerging role of HLA-DRB1 gene in rheumatoid arthritis-from research to clinical practice.Cells. 2020; 9
- Modifiable environmental exposure and risk of rheumatoid arthritis-current evidence from genetic studies.Arthritis Res Ther. 2020; 22: 154
- Non-HLA genes modulate the risk of rheumatoid arthritis associated with HLA-DRB1 in a susceptible North American Native population.Genes Immun. 2011; 12: 568-574
- Investigation of susceptibility loci identified in the UK rheumatoid arthritis whole-genome scan in a further series of 217 UK affected sibling pairs.Arthritis Rheum. 2004; 50: 729-735
- TNFAIP3 gene polymorphisms are associated with response to TNF blockade in psoriasis.J Invest Dermatol. 2012; 132 (3 Pt 1): 593-600