- •Incident atrial fibrillation is prevalent in hospital-based Chinese population.
- •The mC2HEST score had better predictive and discriminative ability for incident AF.
- •The mC2HEST score also showed moderate predictive capability for ischemic stroke.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to European Journal of Internal Medicine
- Atrial fibrillation as an independent risk factor for stroke: the Framingham Study.Stroke. 1991; 22: 983-988
- Incidence and mortality risk of congestive heart failure in atrial fibrillation patients: a community-based study over two decades.Eur Heart J. 2006; 27: 936-941https://doi.org/10.1093/eurheartj/ehi694
- Incidence and prevalence of atrial fibrillation and associated mortality among medicare beneficiaries, 1993-2007.Circ Cardiovasc Qual Outcomes. 2012; 5: 85-93https://doi.org/10.1161/CIRCOUTCOMES.111.962688
- Impact of atrial fibrillation on the risk of death: the Framingham heart study.Circulation. 1998; 98: 946-952
- 2020 ESC Guidelines for the diagnosis and management of atrial fibrillation developed in collaboration with the European association of cardio-thoracic surgery (EACTS).Eur Heart J. 2020; pii5899003https://doi.org/10.1093/eurheartj/ehaa612
- A simple clinical risk score (C2HEST) for predicting incident atrial fibrillation in Asian subjects: derivation in 471,446 Chinese subjects, with internal validation and external application in 451,199 Korean subjects..Chest. 2019; 155: 510-518https://doi.org/10.1016/j.chest.2018.09.011
- Prediction of new-onset atrial fibrillation for general population in Asia: a comparison of C2HEST and HATCH scores.Int. J. Cardiol. 2020; 313: 60-63https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijcard.2020.03.036
- C2HEST Score and prediction of incident atrial fibrillation in poststroke patients: a French nationwide study.J. Am. Heart Assoc. 2019; 8e012546https://doi.org/10.1161/JAHA.119.012546
- Evaluation of the C2HEST risk score as a possible opportunistic screening tool for incident atrial fibrillation in a healthy population (from a nationwide danish cohort study).Am. J. Cardiol. 2019; 125: 48-54https://doi.org/10.1016/j.amjcard.2019.09.034
- Comparison of CHA2DS2-VASc and C2HEST scores for predicting the incidence of atrial fibrillation among patients with end-stage renal disease..Perfusion. 2020; 35: 842-846https://doi.org/10.1177/0267659120930931
- Evaluation of the C2HEST risk score as a possible opportunistic screening tool for incident atrial fibrillation in a healthy population (from a nationwide danish cohort study).Am. J. Cardiol. 2020; 125: 48-54https://doi.org/10.1016/j.amjcard.2019.09.034
- C2HEST score predicts clinical outcomes in heart failure with preserved ejection fraction: a secondary analysis of the TOPCAT trial.BMC Med. 2021; 19: 44https://doi.org/10.1186/s12916-021-01921-w
- Identifying at-risk patients for sustained atrial high-rate episodes using the C2HEST score: the west Birmingham atrial fibrillation project.J. Am. Heart Assoc. 2021; 10 (e)017519https://doi.org/10.1161/JAHA.120.017519
- Population-based screening or targeted screening based on initial clinical risk assessment for atrial fibrillation: a report from the Huawei heart study.J. Clin. Med. 2020; 9https://doi.org/10.3390/jcm9051493
- Refining clinical risk stratification for predicting stroke and thromboembolism in atrial fibrillation using a novel risk factor-based approach: the euro heart survey on atrial fibrillation.Chest. 2010; 137: 263-272https://doi.org/10.1378/chest.09-1584
- Usefulness of HATCH score in the prediction of new-onset atrial fibrillation for Asians.Medicine. 2017; 96: e5597https://doi.org/10.1097/MD.0000000000005597
- Evaluating the added predictive ability of a new marker: from area under the ROC curve to reclassification and beyond.Stat. Med. 2008; 27 (Sr.Jr.) (discussion 207-12): 157-172https://doi.org/10.1002/sim.2929
- Extensions to decision curve analysis, a novel method for evaluating diagnostic tests, prediction models and molecular markers.BMC Med. Inform. Decis. Mak. 2008; 8: 53https://doi.org/10.1186/1472-6947-8-53
- Decision curve analysis: a novel method for evaluating prediction models.Med. Decis. Making. 2006; 26 (10.1177/0272989×06295361): 565-574
- The clinical profile and pathophysiology of atrial fibrillation: relationships among clinical features, epidemiology, and mechanisms.Circ. Res. 2014; 114: 1453-1468https://doi.org/10.1161/CIRCRESAHA.114.303211
- Research priorities in atrial fibrillation screening: a report from a national heart, lung, and blood institute virtual workshop.Circulation. 2021; 143: 372-388https://doi.org/10.1161/CIRCULATIONAHA.120.047633
- 2019 AHA/ACC/HRS Focused Update of the 2014 AHA/ACC/HRS Guideline for the management of patients with atrial fibrillation: a report of the American college of cardiology/American heart association task force on clinical practice guidelines and the heart rhythm society in collaboration with the society of thoracic surgeons.Circulation. 2019; 140: e125-ee51https://doi.org/10.1161/CIR.0000000000000665
- Cost-effectiveness of screening for atrial fibrillation in primary care with a handheld, single-lead electrocardiogram device in the Netherlands.Europace. 2018; 20: 12-18https://doi.org/10.1093/europace/euw285
- Incidence of atrial fibrillation and relationship with cardiovascular events, heart failure, and mortality: a community-based study from the Netherlands.Journal of the American College of Cardiology. 2015; 66: 1000-1007https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jacc.2015.06.1314
- Prevalence, incidence, and lifetime risk of atrial fibrillation in China: new insights into the global burden of atrial fibrillation.Chest. 2015; 147: 109-119https://doi.org/10.1378/chest.14-0321
- Searching for atrial fibrillation poststroke: a white paper of the AF-SCREEN international collaboration.Circulation. 2019; 140: 1834-1850https://doi.org/10.1161/CIRCULATIONAHA.119.040267
- Predicting adverse events beyond stroke and bleeding with the ABC-stroke and ABC-bleeding scores in patients with atrial fibrillation: the murcia AF project.Thromb Haemost. 2020; 120: 1200-1207https://doi.org/10.1055/s-0040-1712914
- The use of biomarkers in clinical management guidelines: a critical appraisal.Thromb. Haemost. 2019; 119: 1901-1919https://doi.org/10.1055/s-0039-1696955
- Stroke and thromboembolism in warfarin-treated patients with atrial fibrillation: comparing the CHA2DS2-VASc and GARFIELD-AF risk scores.Thromb. Haemost. 2020; https://doi.org/10.1055/a-1333-4448