- •Anti-Ro52 antibodies were strongly associated with the prevalence of interstitial lung disease at the diagnosis of connective tissue disease, even after adjusting for the coexistence of anti-Ro60 antibodies.
- •Anti-Ro52 antibodies positivity should lead clinicians to careful screening of interstitial lung disease at the diagnosis of connective tissue disease.
- •Anti-Ro52 antibodies could represent a useful severity marker of connective tissue diseases.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to European Journal of Internal Medicine
- Comparative study of immunofluorescent antinuclear antibody test and line immunoassay detecting 15 specific autoantibodies in patients with systemic rheumatic disease.J Clin Lab Anal. 2012; 26: 307-314https://doi.org/10.1002/jcla.21522
- The Ro small cytoplasmic ribonucleoproteins: identification of the antigenic protein and its binding site on the Ro RNAs.Proc Natl Acad Sci USA. 1984; 81: 1996-2000https://doi.org/10.1073/pnas.81.7.1996
- A 52-kD protein is a novel component of the SS-A/Ro antigenic particle.J Exp Med. 1988; 167: 1560-1571https://doi.org/10.1084/jem.167.5.1560
- Heterogeneity of autoantibodies in 100 patients with autoimmune myositis: insights into clinical features and outcomes.Arthritis Res Ther. 2007; 9: R78https://doi.org/10.1186/ar2276
- Clinical significance of antibodies to Ro52/TRIM21 in systemic sclerosis.Arthritis Res Ther. 2012; 14: R50https://doi.org/10.1186/ar3763
- Prognostic implications of antibodies to Ro/SSA and soluble liver antigen in type 1 autoimmune hepatitis.Liver Int. 2012; 32: 85-92https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1478-3231.2011.02502.x
- Clinical significance of anti-Ro/SSA-52 kDa antibodies: a retrospective monocentric study.Rheumatol Oxf Engl. 2009; 48: 964-967https://doi.org/10.1093/rheumatology/kep145
- Clinical associations of anti-SSA/Ro60 and anti-Ro52/TRIM21 antibodies: diagnostic utility of their separate detection.Autoimmunity. 2013; 46: 32-39https://doi.org/10.3109/08916934.2012.732131
- Short-term and long-term outcome of anti-Jo1-positive patients with anti-Ro52 antibody.Semin Arthritis Rheum. 2012; 41: 890-899https://doi.org/10.1016/j.semarthrit.2011.09.008
- Associations between anti-Ro52 antibodies and lung fibrosis in mixed connective tissue disease.Rheumatol Oxf Engl. 2016; 55: 103-108https://doi.org/10.1093/rheumatology/kev300
- Clinical profiles and prognosis of patients with distinct antisynthetase autoantibodies.J Rheumatol. 2017; 44: 1051-1057https://doi.org/10.3899/jrheum.161480
- Monospecific anti-Ro52/TRIM21 antibodies in a tri-nation cohort of 1574 systemic sclerosis subjects: evidence of an association with interstitial lung disease and worse survival.Clin Exp Rheumatol. 2015; 33: 131-135
- A retrospective analysis of distinguishing features of chest HRCT and clinical manifestation in primary Sjögren's syndrome-related interstitial lung disease in a Chinese population.Clin Rheumatol. 2018; 37: 2981-2988https://doi.org/10.1007/s10067-018-4289-6
- Anti-Ro52 autoantibodies are associated with interstitial lung disease and more severe disease in patients with juvenile myositis.Ann Rheum Dis. 2019; 78: 988-995https://doi.org/10.1136/annrheumdis-2018-215004
- rheumatoid arthritis classification criteria: an American college of rheumatology/European league against rheumatism collaborative initiative.Ann Rheum Dis. 2010; 69: 580-588https://doi.org/10.1136/ard.2010.138461
- Derivation and validation of the systemic lupus international collaborating clinics classification criteria for systemic lupus erythematosus.Arthritis Rheum. 2012; 64: 2677-2686https://doi.org/10.1002/art.34473
- American college of rheumatology/European league against rheumatism classification criteria for primary sjögren's syndrome: a consensus and data-driven methodology involving three international patient cohorts.Ann Rheum Dis. 2016; 76: 9-16https://doi.org/10.1136/annrheumdis-2016-210571
- classification criteria for systemic sclerosis: an American college of rheumatology/European league against rheumatism collaborative initiative.Ann Rheum Dis. 2013; 72: 1747-1755https://doi.org/10.1136/annrheumdis-2013-204424
- Polymyositis and dermatomyositis (second of two parts.N Engl J Med. 1975; 292: 403-407https://doi.org/10.1056/NEJM197502202920807
- Diagnostic criteria for classification of MCTD.in: Kasukawa R. Sharp G.C. Mixed connective tissue diseases and antinuclear antibodies. Elsevier, Amsterdam1987: 23-32
- Classification and diagnostic criteria for mixed connective tissue disease.in: Kasukawa R. Sharp G.C. Mixed connective tissue diseases and antinuclear antibodies. Elsevier, Amsterdam1987: 33-40
- Preliminary diagnostic criteria for classification of mixed connective tissue disease.in: Kasukawa R. Sharp G.C. Mixed connective tissue diseases and antinuclear antibodies. Elsevier, Amsterdam1987: 41-47
- Undifferentiated connective tissue diseases (UCTD): a review of the literature and a proposal for preliminary classification criteria.Clin Exp Rheumatol. 1999; 17: 615-620
- Long-term course and prognosis of idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis in the new millennium.Chest. 2011; 140: 221-229https://doi.org/10.1378/chest.10-2572
- Marginal decline in forced vital capacity is associated with a poor outcome in idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis.Eur Respir J. 2010; 35: 830-836https://doi.org/10.1183/09031936.00155108
- Haemodynamic definitions and updated clinical classification of pulmonary hypertension.Eur Respir J. 2019; : 53https://doi.org/10.1183/13993003.01913-2018
- Association of anti-Ro52 autoantibodies with interstitial lung disease in connective tissue diseases.Ann Rheum Dis. 2019; https://doi.org/10.1136/annrheumdis-2019-216372
- Prognosis of fibrotic interstitial pneumonia: idiopathic versus collagen vascular disease-related subtypes.Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 1 avr. 2007; 175 (705–11)https://doi.org/10.1164/rccm.200607-912OC
- Rituximab in the treatment of Jo1 antibody-associated antisynthetase syndrome: Anti-Ro52 positivity as a marker for severity and treatment response.J Rheumatol. 2016; 43: 1566-1574https://doi.org/10.3899/jrheum.150844
- Extraordinary antigenicity of the human Ro52 autoantigen.Am J Transl Res. 2010; 2: 145-155
- Determination of autoantibodies by line immunoblotting.Methods Mol Biol. 2019; 1901: 255-262https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4939-8949-2_22
- A review of the role and clinical utility of anti-Ro52/TRIM21 in systemic autoimmunity.Rheumatol Int. 2017; 37: 1323-1333https://doi.org/10.1007/s00296-017-3718-1